Thread: engine swap for ls1 camaro to 6.0

Tuner in Training

engine swap for ls1 camaro to 6.0

i have a 98 camaro head cam ls1 im gonna swap it to 6.0 my question is ? do i have to tune it for 6.0 before i run the car 1000km or can i just drive it till 1000km with the old head cam tune and then i tune it with the tuner?

Do you own hptuners? What would be the problem with just tuning the driveability of the new 6.0? I suppose you are driving the 1000km for break-in?

You will need to make some adjustments. Where depends on your mods.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    i do have an hp tuner, and what i mean by 1000km break in because the engine is new and it has a bigger cam shaft and it need to drive it smoothly before i tune it properly.
    however for hp tuner can u please guide me of what things should i to edit to make the car runs properly if u dont mind.

Tuner in Training
    the car is it was tuned with ls1 ms4 cam shaft and now i swapped it to 6.0 with a bigger cam shaft so i was wondering if i can drive it smoothly with the old 5.7 tune!

Tuner
    I doubt its going to run or run good enough to drive it. the VE and MAF tables will probably be too far out. I could be wrong though.
    Got GEN II-IV LSx or GEN V LTx parts to sell? Post em completely free on LSx LTx buy/sell/trade Facebook group. Invite your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169854669867850/

DO YOU OWN A FORD, DODGE OR GM ALLOYTECH VEHICLE AND GET A MESSAGE SAYING "VALIDATE CHECKSUM FAILED. YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO SAVE OR FLASH THIS FILE." IF SO FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...lash-this-file

Potential Tuner
    Just got done doing a lq9 swap in a 99 fbody. computer was tuned for cam swap and a few bolt ons. started right up and drives fine but leans out on WOT and havent even touch computer yet.