Thread: little red error light solidly lit on standalone logging

little red error light solidly lit on standalone logging

my.cfg

hello gurus.

im trying to get standalone working cos' my laptop doesnt live very long under battery and ive read its bad to use an inverter... but so far ive had no luck.

so i have:
    set up all the PID's in the "tables"
    double checked that all sensors are supported and working
    got my wideband working perfectly
    noticed i had lots of "parameter not supported" on the histograms, so anything that wasnt supported i just loaded a default "timing PID" 6 times that i know is supported
    saved "my.cfg"
    turn ignition to "run"
    connected the scanner
    clicked "scan>mvpi datalogging"
    clicked "write config"
    waited till finished then closed the window

now in the help vid it says to disconnect the scanner, but mine seems to self-disconnect as soon as write config is finished... it that normal?

so then unplug USB
    start engine
    press "record" ~2 seconds
    all 3 lights light up briefly, then "BUSY" light shuts off and the red ERR light stays lit until i plug the scanner back in. it even stays lit after ive killed the engine.

please help. what am i doing wrong?

*its good to not that i have repeated the above steps about 5 times now. each time has behaved exactly the same, no change.
    Last edited by ari666; 08-18-2014 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added my.cfg
    1966 impala. L29 454. 0411 pcm. 2.5" twin system. comp cams XR282HR. ported heads. 1.75 rollers. 60lb deka injectors. bosch 044 pump. standard intake (cos' looks cool in a 66')

ive just noticed that the scanner actually disconnects as soon as i click "scan>mvpi-pro datalogging".......

???
    1966 impala. L29 454. 0411 pcm. 2.5" twin system. comp cams XR282HR. ported heads. 1.75 rollers. 60lb deka injectors. bosch 044 pump. standard intake (cos' looks cool in a 66')

no one? even just zany ideas would be a help.

YAAAAY! with enough reading you can figure pretty much anything out!

so if anyone stumbles on this problem, the fix is:

search for *.os
    find your .os file (i think its hidden cos i couldnt see it in my vcm suite folder)
    delete it
    reconnect your car
    let it load all the supported parameters for your PCM
    setup all your PID's and sensors
    save your config file
    click scan>MVPIpro datalogging
    load your config to the controller
    disconnect USB (no need to click "disconnect" on the scanner as it does it automatically)
    start the vehicle
    press record ~2 seconds

hey presto! it all works.