Thread: 2005 Vette, 3.73 Gears, 3400 Stall Circle D Converter, Cam - Issues

Potential Tuner

2005 Vette, 3.73 Gears, 3400 Stall Circle D Converter, Cam - Issues

Hello every one, I'm pretty new to HP Tuners, cam over from the import world a few years ago, on my second vette, first auto car I've ever owned.
    2005 Corvette, LS2 w/ 4L65E Tranny.
    Upgraded to 3.73 Gears
    3400 Stall Circle D spec 9 3/4" stage 1 Converter
    Bullet cam:
    Intake Exhaust
    Duration @ 050 225 232
    Lobe Lift Separation 115
    Duration @ 006 280 290
    Gross Valve Lift .575 .570
    Degree Intake Lobe to RG 111

Had a quick tune from a personal contact, but wasn't tuned for gears or converter. Not ever right.
    Issues I have: Stalling going in reverse, coming off the throttle the RPMs surge, and intermittently stalls out. I've done some work to the idle now that I have HP tuners.
    idles a lot better haven't had and issues in reverse. and rpm surge is a lot better. now when I'm coming off the throttle, after being at higher speed for a n amount of time (interstate driving) it'll stall out when I fully let off the accelerator. Not all the time but enough to be an issue. Also been plagued with Converter flashing, IE when doing a hard acell speedo stays pegged at 0 until I let of the gas for a moment then snaps up to speed.
    I haven't attempted to tune shift point or any thing much past idle, and followed CoolAid's guide for the 4L65E tranny, Tuned out TC lock in 1-3, WOT, and raised the Engagement point for Lock in 4th.
    Haven't touched the timing or Fuel maps yet, as I'm waiting till next pay check to get a Wideband. Would greatly appreciate some help posting up my current tune, as well as my latest scan file. Not sure why but this last scan the MPS weren't registering in the Scanner. Speedo in dash worked just not on the HP tuner scanner.

20140824 - Idle - Decent, Shfts - Good, Stall x1.hpl
    20140824 - GearChange + TC Tunning, Idle Attempt.hpt

Potential Tuner
    any one have any experance with similar set up? and inpot to point me in some right directions would be aprecated

Quote Originally Posted by ASarsano View Post
    Hello every one, I'm pretty new to HP Tuners, cam over from the import world a few years ago, on my second vette, first auto car I've ever owned.
    2005 Corvette, LS2 w/ 4L65E Tranny.
    Upgraded to 3.73 Gears
    3400 Stall Circle D spec 9 3/4" stage 1 Converter
    Bullet cam:
    Intake Exhaust
    Duration @ 050 225 232
    Lobe Lift Separation 115
    Duration @ 006 280 290
    Gross Valve Lift .575 .570
    Degree Intake Lobe to RG 111

Had a quick tune from a personal contact, but wasn't tuned for gears or converter. Not ever right.
    Issues I have: Stalling going in reverse, coming off the throttle the RPMs surge, and intermittently stalls out. I've done some work to the idle now that I have HP tuners.
    idles a lot better haven't had and issues in reverse. and rpm surge is a lot better. now when I'm coming off the throttle, after being at higher speed for a n amount of time (interstate driving) it'll stall out when I fully let off the accelerator. Not all the time but enough to be an issue. Also been plagued with Converter flashing, IE when doing a hard acell speedo stays pegged at 0 until I let of the gas for a moment then snaps up to speed.
    I haven't attempted to tune shift point or any thing much past idle, and followed CoolAid's guide for the 4L65E tranny, Tuned out TC lock in 1-3, WOT, and raised the Engagement point for Lock in 4th.
    Haven't touched the timing or Fuel maps yet, as I'm waiting till next pay check to get a Wideband. Would greatly appreciate some help posting up my current tune, as well as my latest scan file. Not sure why but this last scan the MPS weren't registering in the Scanner. Speedo in dash worked just not on the HP tuner scanner.

20140824 - Idle - Decent, Shfts - Good, Stall x1.hpl
    20140824 - GearChange + TC Tunning, Idle Attempt.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    You really need that wideband bud, dont bother without it with your mods.

Here are some threads that really helped me.

http://files.hptuners.com/support/SDTuningGuide.doc

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/ls1edit/ls1...ing%20info.htm

http://ls1tuningguide.com/files/free...histograms.php

and this youtube vid is helpfull for your idle stalling issues.

Potential Tuner
    ok thanks for the info, yeah i knew i needed the wide band but figured i could get it to idle with out it. i have a wide band wired up and ran the sensor wires thru the firewall. now i just need to get underneath and plug the sensor into the exhaust. i hade additional Bungs wilded into the exhaust when i did the LT Header install. But with the car lowered all the way down getting underneath is going to be a challenge.

Advanced Tuner
    You defiantly could get idle and part throttle all set without out the Wideband , be very easy on the throttle and stay out of pe .

Look in those links for stft narrow band tuning , it will get you going prior to the Wideband