Thread: Greg Banish 80lb data with BR FPR

Tuner in Training

Greg Banish 80lb data with BR FPR

I'm wondering if I need to use all of Greg Banish data (including IFR) with the use of a BR FPR or should I set the some tables flat across the board?

Senior Tuner
    Been awhile since I watched but I believe video explains that.

Senior Tuner
    If you're running a return style fuel system, then set the IFR table across the board to the flowrate for the fuel pressure you're running...if you're running 58 PSI, use the values for 0 KPA MAP pressure.

You also want to use the offset table from the 0 KPA collumn across the entire table too.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    ok I just watched the video and it doesn't say anything about using a BR FPR.

Tuner in Training
    MikeOD, I am running 58 psi, aeromotive return style BR FPR. You are saying I should copy the IFR lb/hr under 0 KPA VAC and set it to that # across the board and the same with offsets?

Tuner in Training
    can anyone else confirm if this is the proper way to do it

Senior Tuner
    MikeOD is correct. Don't get hung up on boost referenced vs manifold reference, all the same thing. I am almost positive Greg discussed on video but it has been awhile. Read my explanation posted in link, may help understanding.

Post 16

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-dekas-2Bar-SD
    Last edited by mecanicman; 08-18-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Senior Tuner
    If the pressure remains a static 58 PSI across the injector, then yes, what I said before is what you need to do.

This means that if you have 10 PSI of boost, you should see 68 PSI of fuel pressure. When you have vacuum, you'll have less than 58 PSI.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

You flat line the IFR like Mike said. Depending on the year and ECM, the flat line value may be limited to 63.5 lb/hr (Airflow may be limited to 512 g/sec as well) whereas you will actually have to scale the tune by the % difference of 63.5 and 89.2 lb/hr or 30%.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for all the input, I just wanted to be sure the #s under 0 KPA VAC were the correct ones to use with a BR regulator.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    MikeOD is correct. Don't get hung up on boost referenced vs manifold reference, all the same thing. I am almost positive Greg discussed on video but it has been awhile.
    I am too, because my blue C6 (the demo car) has a boost referenced regulator in it.

Oh, and good luck with those 80's. Just because I have data (derived from FRPP values) doesn't mean that production 80's are anywhere near consistent. They are almost always a PITA. 60's will support ~1000hp, if you need something bigger than that, the ID850s work flawlessly.

Tuner
    I love my injector dynamics fuel injectors.
    Got GEN II-IV LSx or GEN V LTx parts to sell? Post em completely free on LSx LTx buy/sell/trade Facebook group. Invite your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169854669867850/

DO YOU OWN A FORD, DODGE OR GM ALLOYTECH VEHICLE AND GET A MESSAGE SAYING "VALIDATE CHECKSUM FAILED. YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO SAVE OR FLASH THIS FILE." IF SO FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...lash-this-file