Thread: AEM Uego WB AFR

Tuner in Training

AEM Uego WB AFR

I was hoping someone could help me set up the Wideband AFR PID for a Uego 30-4100
    I don't know what the formula is to add it to my Custom PID list

I want to setup a custom Wideband AFR Error PID but only have part of the equation

100 x (Actual AFR - commanded AFR)/commanded AFR

i know that the commanded sensor is 121, I just need the actual WB AFR

100 x ( ????? - commanded AFR)/commanded AFR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Userperzz View Post
    I was hoping someone could help me set up the Wideband AFR PID for a Uego 30-4100
    I don't know what the formula is to add it to my Custom PID list

I want to setup a custom Wideband AFR Error PID but only have part of the equation

100 x (Actual AFR - commanded AFR)/commanded AFR

i know that the commanded sensor is 121, I just need the actual WB AFR

100 x ( ????? - commanded AFR)/commanded AFR

Thanks
    Your algorithm is correct: 100 x (Actual AFR - commanded AFR)/commanded AFR.

Here's what I'm using. ([PID.7101]*2.75)+7.65)-[PID.6001])/[PID.6001]

Your first term in the expression will be different. I don't have the Pro version and my ECM is an E38. I'm using a NTK AFR kit and I temporarily connect the wide band into my A/C pressure input. That's why I'm using the [PID.7101] parameter. The [PID.6001] is the commanded AFR. The *2.75+7.65 terms are the calibration curve for a NTK AFR sensor.

I'd recommend you test your parameters while connected to your car before you write the % error AFR expression. I looked around on this forum trying to find one already written with no luck. I had to do a lot of trial and error testing to figure stuff out. Don't expect a lot of support from this site. You'll get thrown a scrap every now and then.

Good luck with your calibration.
    2008 Saturn Sky LE5 Automatic
    Custom Hypercoil Coilovers
    375 # Front 425 # Rear
    Koni SA shocks
    Solo Performance Exhaust
    DDM Stage II Super Charger
    HPTuners Calibration (working)

Tuner in Training
    haha, yeah i searched and searched...
    I have the pro version and The first expression is the one that I can't figure out. I do have the WB sensor in the exhaust and it is working great.
    I do have a different ecm than you too, I forget the number, P12 or E12 maybe?

Thanks for the response. hopefully someone will help out

haha, yeah i searched and searched...
    I have the pro version and The first expression is the one that I can't figure out. I do have the WB sensor in the exhaust and it is working great.
    I do have a different ecm than you too, I forget the number, P12 or E12 maybe?

Thanks for the response. hopefully someone will help out
    I looked at the instructions to the AEM UEGO 30-4100. It has a table of the sensor calibrations based on the fuel. For gasoline your sensor calibration curve looks like this:

sensor calibration curve.JPG

You'll need to create a custom PID that will look something like this: (([PID.XXXX]*2)+10). This will be your actual AFR for your % Error AFR PID.

If you've stumbled upon the Insert Aux PID list (see below) you can use the [AUX 20005] Wide Band O2 AEM provided your scanner program version supports this. Then you can in use it in your % Error AFR PID. I'm curious to know if the calibration curve is built into the aux PID.

custom function PID.JPG

insert aux.JPG

You should be able to configure the AEM wide band in your scanner and compare it to your gauge to see if its configured right. Once that's working you can build your % error AFR PID.

How's that for a bone?

Drive fast and don't hit any cones!
    375 # Front 425 # Rear
    Koni SA shocks
    Solo Performance Exhaust

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ag_Sky View Post
    I looked at the instructions to the AEM UEGO 30-4100. It has a table of the sensor calibrations based on the fuel. For gasoline your sensor calibration curve looks like this:

sensor calibration curve.JPG

You'll need to create a custom PID that will look something like this: (([PID.XXXX]*2)+10). This will be your actual AFR for your % Error AFR PID.

If you've stumbled upon the Insert Aux PID list (see below) you can use the [AUX 20005] Wide Band O2 AEM provided your scanner program version supports this. Then you can in use it in your % Error AFR PID. I'm curious to know if the calibration curve is built into the aux PID.

custom function PID.JPG

insert aux.JPG

You should be able to configure the AEM wide band in your scanner and compare it to your gauge to see if its configured right. Once that's working you can build your % error AFR PID.

How's that for a bone?

Drive fast and don't hit any cones!

You my friend are a GENIUS!

This is exactly right... I used AUX 20005 and it matches the default Wide Band 02-AEM reading exactly.
    But... it is off calibration by a little bit comparing to the AEM digital readout.

I am assuming that the default voltage on 20005 is using a voltage that is just a little bit different?
    if this is the case, i can use your formula above to make my own custom PID, Right? And dial it in?

Thank you for your help, I hope someday I can pay all this forward

Woof!

...I am assuming that the default voltage on 20005 is using a voltage that is just a little bit different?...
    If it's +/- couple of tenths a wouldn't worry about it.

...if this is the case, i can use your formula above to make my own custom PID, Right? And dial it in?...
    Yep, write your custom PID, test it, them move on to the next step.

...Thank you for your help, I hope someday I can pay all this forward

Woof!
    Your welcome. After you master this part of your tune you'll be able to help the next novice calibrator that comes along.

Good luck with your tune!
    375 # Front 425 # Rear
    Koni SA shocks
    Solo Performance Exhaust

Tuner in Training
    Once again, thank you for taking the time. I very much appreciate it!

and for the next person that comes across this thread and needs help with WB setup, here is a great find compliments of the tuning school.

http://www.thetuningschool.com/support/free-downloads/