Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05 Mustang First Try need help

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    What kind of?

Do You know another solution that can measure in multiple points? i don't think solution that measures in one point will work in this kind of setup...
    I cannot count the number of blow thru setups I have tuned, and did it with a standard MAF. The fix is not a different MAF, it is to properly place the MAF / customize the inlet piping so that you get a straight and laminar flow across the MAF.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Sure. With this kit would be to make it new, its bad by design.

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    Sure. With this kit would be to make it new, its bad by design.
    I'd rather fix the kit, so the MAF gets a good reading. I think it is the proper way to do it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Like i said, to many hassle, turbonetic fights with this since they builded one,.many topics in the internet in this case. Easier and cheaper is to install new maf.

Tuner in Training
    So Eric you are saying the placement of the sensor is more at fault than anything

Quote Originally Posted by slyb28 View Post
    So Eric you are saying the placement of the sensor is more at fault than anything
    Yes
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

In this kit there is no good place for stock maf. To many bents, no straight place. Dont hassle with rebuilding kit and searching for better place for maf. I spent lot of time on those kit to find, abaco will give you better results than any single point maf in any cases, not only this.

Anyway, its not problem that car wont drive in location you have, its performance problem in this location, my friend was driving over year with maf in this location.
    So still look in your tune.
    Last edited by caniggia; 08-22-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I am changing the a/f meter but trying to also figure out whats wrong for reference in the future.
    Does the turbonetics kits have this problems?

Yes, it has.
    First they made draw by thru, what caused maf backwash, even with they delivered tune. One tune company get rid of this I found, probably by putting car in SD mode.
    Then they changed it to blow thru what caused more problems, since air was sometimes going by MAF, usually at accel, but decel was going different way, part throttle too, so they added honeycomb, even customer that had they kit could get one for free. This is I think final version, and BB is exact copy except fitment problems (which Turbonetics has also).

With final version car is driving normal, I had at first car occasional knock retard, but just not enough power customer expected. Then I installed this kit at my car, I also expected more than supercharger with same boost, but I had bit lower. So I investigated problem, as I already knew it's MAF, so tried lot of different piping, locations etc.
    Take into account that with turbo and centri ait is always vibrating, not matter if You put honeycomb, change pipe diameter, it will always do so, even after intercooler.
    Finally I connected 2 channel oscilloscope to MAF and wideband, just after sensor. Second try MAF and injector pulse. What I've seen there is very big maf voltage oscilation, lean spots, rich spots, injector pulse confimed this and was exactly jumping as MAF voltage, what You will never see in any logs, or even, not in that scale, they are to slow, data displayed is averaged by PCM od anpother controller or so. So I started to search multi point MAF, because I knew any single point will not work as expected. Found Abaco. After installing, MAF voltage on oscilloscope is as it should be, as stated before, instant gain of 50hp and no occasional knock retard. Multi point MAF will always be better that singe point if they are both good quality, that's my opinion. BTW, in NA car like 500HP corvette, putting just this MAF was 20HP gain.

In one topic someone is asking about turbonetic kit, answer from Justin@VMP is, if You get good fueling on this kit, it's OK. Looks he already knew this problem.
    So my state is, that is also piping problem, but if someone want's to rebuild intake with existing kit, why buys one? Build Your custom.

Hope this helps.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Tuner in Training
    Good morning Caniggia should be getting abaco a/f meter this week also sct software for data logging the car owner also went ahead and order the upgrade intake manifold was just wondering at what link should i cut the pipe for placement of the a/f meter and its it better just to try and get the 60 lbs injectors or stay with the 47lbs.
    Thanks

I posted You link to photo at first site, here You have:

https://m.facebook.com/hdcustomspl/p...pe=1&source=43

With 60lb there is problem with idle, minimum pulse must be set different than its recommended in chart. I posted about this in injectors topic.
    i don't know what power range you want, but 47 i enough I think to get 700+ at crank and they are fast and has 6 holes.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl