Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05 Mustang First Try need help

Tuner in Training

05 Mustang First Try need help

05 Mustang Need help please look a tune and advise
    Have it start and idling now but will not accelerate
    05 mustang stock engine, M9593-LU47 47lbs injectors, M9407-GT05 dual fuel pumps, boost brothers single turbo kit that have been modify fit. Front mount intercooler deleted CMCV
    SCT BA5000 mass air, Turbo Smart Blow off valve, Turbo Smart Waste Gate, eboost2 Controller, MSD 2step
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wrong timing scale on load on the left for boost, find some examples to see. For about 10psi of boost this scale could go to 1.70.
    If You use stock maf in either blow thru or draw thru and pipes diameter are as delivered, maf curve is wrong, anyway, You will never be able to tune this kit with stock MAF.
    Fuel voltage table also is not good, copy one from GT500 also with upper axis for start, then fine tune with sct logging.
    Fuel table is also rich in areas You will never get into boost.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response will work on making the changes
    I am also looking for know good data for the sct ba 5000 airflow meter I know the nbrs that I am using are wrong
    Thanks for the help in advance

Use abaco meter, best for turbos

Tuner in Training
    Can't excess abaco meter website is the company still in business

Yes, they are, try anderson motorsport, i bought one last month.

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/abaco-performance-mass-air-flow-meter-85mm/
    Last edited by caniggia; 08-19-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slyb28 View Post
    Thanks for the response will work on making the changes
    I am also looking for know good data for the sct ba 5000 airflow meter I know the nbrs that I am using are wrong
    Thanks for the help in advance
    What size pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    Use abaco meter, best for turbos
    You are the only person I know that likes those meters.

I installed few of them in place where stock maf had problems and also some other maf's, so I really like them.
    4 point of air metering is good idea for me. Rotation of air don't make problems with them, You can install it anywhere, it don't needs stright pipe etc. I installed them in few EU cars also.
    The only problem with them is not really user friendly software.
    Now changing one car from 39lb to 60lb injectors, second one from 39 to 47, alo no problem, just rescale it in software. No pipe diameter change or so.
    With turbonetics or this BB kit instant gain over 50HP with same AFR vs stock MAF. In this kit there is no straight place to put maf to read good.
    Last edited by caniggia; 08-19-2014 at 06:19 PM.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    Eric I am on vacation right now but if I remember correctly it's like 3.75 to 3.80 inside diameter and the calculate tube area was like 11.045
    Will confirm these nbrs when I get back to the Virgin Islands

Tuner in Training
    Wrong timing scale on load on the left for boost, find some examples to see. For about 10psi of boost this scale could go to 1.70.
    If You use stock maf in either blow thru or draw thru and pipes diameter are as delivered, maf curve is wrong, anyway, You will never be able to tune this kit with stock MAF.
    Fuel voltage table also is not good, copy one from GT500 also with upper axis for start, then fine tune with sct logging.
    Fuel table is also rich in areas You will never get into boost.
    My MAF is the SCT BA5000 not stock but I think the problem may be the boost brothers intake pipe with the honeycomb before the MAF causing the air to be disturb,I am not sure

Without honeycomb it will be even worse. Sct maf is stock style maf. Will never work good with this setup. Even if you tune this to run, maf reading will be chaotic, you will get short pulses of lean mixture, knock activity. There is somewhere topic about, i already posted. Thats why You need abaco.

You can go with stock maf draw thru, but then you get maf backwash, cure for this is to put idle in sd mode, but then idle is usually to rich without ability to change mixture and Hpt still has no solution for it.

Tuner in Training
    Without honeycomb it will be even worse. Sct maf is stock style maf. Will never work good with this setup. Even if you tune this to run, maf reading will be chaotic, you will get short pulses of lean mixture, knock activity. There is somewhere topic about, i already posted. Thats why You need abaco.

You can go with stock maf draw thru, but then you get maf backwash, cure for this is to put idle in sd mode, but then idle is usually to rich without ability to change mixture and Hpt still has no solution for it.
    So my options are ?

Leave one part of honneycomb, 2 of them You can remove ( I had 3) and install abaco maf there.

I think You can find photos in this gallery:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2985646&type=3

Exactly on this photo:

https://m.facebook.com/hdcustomspl/p...pe=1&source=43
    Last edited by caniggia; 08-20-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks will look into get the needed parts

Tuner in Training
    Do u get the software with the meter and how user friendly is it

You can buy this :

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=390841373479

Or i can tell you pinout so you can buy connector to maf in electronic shop for 1$ and wire it directly to harness.

Software is not really user friendly, but once you find how it works its ok. its included. There is included calibration for 39 and 60 lb, for 47 you can create something between or just use 60lb calibration. Then with 47 lb maxed maf will be at about 4- 4.5v. In few days i'll have calibration for 47 so i can send You. Then it will be easier for you and maxed 47 lb will equal maf maxed at 5v.
    Better resolution.

I attached dbx 85mm full config for

1 dip switch - 39lb abaco template adjusted
    2 dip switch - 47lb my config
    3 dip switch - 60lb abaco template adjusted

Maf values are adjusted to injector flow, maxed injector = (or close) maf maxed.
    Load this config, flash DBX and set dip switch to 2 for 47 injectors.

I also attached starting point for maf curves for above injectors.

Once You ownload file, change extension from hpt to zip and unpack one.

Hope this helps.

39-47-60.hpt
    www.hd-customs.pl

I had horrible results with ABACO.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

What kind of?

Do You know another solution that can measure in multiple points? i don't think solution that measures in one point will work in this kind of setup...
    www.hd-customs.pl