Thread: 2005 2006 and 2007 C6 Knock sensor/ knock retard

Tuner in Training

2005 2006 and 2007 C6 Knock sensor/ knock retard

I've noted the knock sensor part number to be identical for the years, but I've also noted significant difference in what is the knock sensor sensitivity and decay rates.

2005 has a mv reading of 400mv while the 2006-07 have a mv reading of 120mv. The multipliers appear to be more sensitive in general. The decay rates are decreased a bit. Essentially I know a difference in heads in 07 could improve performance, but to be honest, are the changes because the "sounds" picked up by the 05 settings are too sensitive?

I've been logging my 05 and found that in increasing fuel, decreasing timing and adding octane boost have had little effect on decreasing my WOT knock. I've checked the plugs time and again to be sure and they are clean, no signs of detonation. I'm thinking its false knock since I've dropped it as much as 7 degrees and still get this false knock.

Thoughts on the calibration differences?

I may as well load up the 06 settings and take it for a drive...
    Last edited by Slade; 08-16-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So using the 06 settings, WOT KR is all gone. I can still trigger some KR if I upset the cruise ie, floor it in 6th gear at 70 mph. It will trigger 1-2 degrees but settle down to 0 immediately. I'm going to start restoring my timing back to the high octane table I was down to 19-20 degrees at WOT and still had some prior to the change. I've also richened the MAF settings around 9% on the high octane side and richening the pre torque peak in the PE to 12.25 while maintaining the same values pretty much for post 4500 rpm. I've got dyno time for next week to clean up the AFR to proper values, but at least for now I think I have the fake knock cleared up. The sensors are actually more "sensitive" in values than the 05 ones which were pretty much taking things like road bumps as knock....

Hi,

i found this thread and im interested in knowing why those c6 corvettes have different knock sensor threshold for the same engine, i have attached the tunes for reference and it shows that there is a large difference between the two tunes.

is there a difference in the engine or knock strategy or sensor.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by QTR FMS; 04-09-2021 at 11:15 AM.