Thread: TCC slip 6l80 g8 gt

Potential Tuner

TCC slip 6l80 g8 gt

Hello everyone!! This is my first post. I have a 2008 g8 gt and recently installed a PI 2800 single disk converter. I'm new to tuning and have been using Blue Cats generator to tune the trans. The problem I have is......no matter what I do I can't get rid of converter slip while locked. Can someone please look at my recent log and tune and tell me what I'm doing wrong. At frame 8470 is when the converter locks, in 5th, and starts to slip up to 6rpm. I'm only locking in 5th and 6th while cruising. Any help would be much appreciated.

ECM TCM.hpt
    Attachment 46180

Sorry the log wasn't playing this one should work Slip rpm.hpl
    Last edited by DJT; 08-16-2014 at 09:02 AM.

I'll take a look later but have you increased the TCC pressure and ramp rate?

Try increasing the TCC Pressure Regulator Gain from 1.0 to 1.5 and add 20% to the positive columns in the TCC Pressure Apply Ramp table. I think the stock TCC gain is really the issue. I am using these values for my Yank 3200 and it locks up just fine.
    09 G8 GT- 224/234 114 cam, 3200 stall, 3.45 gears, Vararam, 1 7/8" headers, 3" exhaust, HSW nitrous

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
    Try increasing the TCC Pressure Regulator Gain from 1.0 to 1.5 and add 20% to the positive columns in the TCC Pressure Apply Ramp table. I think the stock TCC gain is really the issue. I am using these values for my Yank 3200 and it locks up just fine.
    Thanks blkscooby I'll give that a try when I get home from work in the morning.

Potential Tuner
    I put the Gain back to the stock setting of 1.5 and adjusted the positive side of the Apply Ramp Table by 20% but it was still slipping. I'm only seeing slip up to 6 rpms so I continued to multiply the section of table from -10 to +10 by 40%, multiple times, then adjusted the rest of the cells to keep the table uniform. I'm am down to only 2 rpms of slip and will continue to work on this table until I see 0 slip. When I get home from work in the morning I'll post another log and tune file. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction blkscooby.

The ramp table merely determines how quickly it will add pressure to the TCC until it reaches the max. I believe the base TCC pressure is 60 psi and a gain of 1.5 will increase it to 90. If 90 still allows some slip, then try a gain 1.6 or 1.7. Adding to the ramp will only ramp the pressure faster, not increase the max pressure.