Thread: '08 GT500 questions about HPtuners

Tuner

'08 GT500 questions about HPtuners

Hey everyone,

I just purchased an 08 GT500 and was wondering if HPtuners 2.24 was up to date for scanning and tuning my car. Ive been out of the tuning game for quite some time and I am looking at starting up again. When I did the scan I did not license the vehicle yet, but I noticed that there are not many options available for tuning. If I purchase ford credits will there be more options available?

Thank You
    2019 Ford Raptor Tow Rig Scarab 195 Open 250HO
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Senior Tuner
    Tuning yes, Scanner should have enough to do the 08 without too much trouble. There is a new scanner in the works, but for now, just be sure you are on the latest version of 2.24. Options available have nothing to do with licensing.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Thank you for the info. Right now the car has cat back Magnaflows, and I am going to install a JLT intake. From my previous GM experience tuning mostly consisted of a wideband, and adjusting the MAF curve based on my scans. Is that going to be the similar with the mustang? I never tuned using a boosted application before. Also I realize that Hptuners is more GM oriented, so is there any writeups floating around yet on how to do this?

Thanks
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post your file and we can walk you through it
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    So I ordered a JLT intake and Steeda 2.65" pulley. What should I start with tuning first when i get everything installed? I assume my MAF will be priority number 1, so do I increase it by say 10% and then scale it back based on my scan?

Speaking of the scan right now I do not have a wideband, so I am scanning MAF vs. Voltage while using a custom STFT+LTFT pid. Is this the correct setup to get the % difference?

Here is my stock Tune. With regards to the rest of the tune, do what else should I look at changing?

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

find the area of your intake tube versus the stock and calculate the difference. usually on JLT you need to compensation 30%+ (your entire stock MAF curve) for starters and wait for the O2 sensors to heat up properly and make further adjustments based on your LTFT.

another needed change would be AIRFLOW>GENERAL find located left bottom CYLAIR WOT Multiplier (change to 1.99) CYLAIR MAX (change to 1.799)

your Openloop Fuel table target should be in the area of .78 Lambda the stock .82 lambda is a bit lean for my taste.

Tuner
    Sweet! Thanks for the help! I should be getting the intake this week. Ill post updates. Thank You!

not a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for the help! I should be getting the intake this week. Ill post updates. Thank You!

Tuner
    Installed the intake yesterday. Right now I have increased the maf curve by 55% and my stfts are around 6-9% lean. I am now going to go cell by cell to get them close to 0. As for WOT, is there anything specific I can monitor in my scan to make sure my engine is running good without using a wideband?

As of right now the car runs and sounds amazing! Definitely added quite a bit of power!

Thanks again!

^did you disable your LTFT?

Tuner
    No I did not disable LTFTs. My recent tune got everything around 0 for LTFTs and STFTs with around a 62% increase from factory to the MAF curve. Should LTFTs be disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    No I did not disable LTFTs. My recent tune got everything around 0 for LTFTs and STFTs with around a 62% increase from factory to the MAF curve. Should LTFTs be disabled?
    I find it easiest to disable LTFT on Ford, and dial in based on the STFT. Then when finished, re-enable LTFT.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC