Thread: 2bar turbo tune

Tuner in Training

2bar turbo tune

I got a 72 chevy truck with a stock 2000 6.0 with 76mm front mount,36 lb inj , walboro pump @ 48 PSI, boost ref reg, motor was running good on tune till it blew the maf in half, I installed a 2bar map sensor part # 12614973 and done the 2bar sd enhancement and flashed the computer, it fires up just want to see if i need do anything else before i start driving it and scanning, if anyone will check tune out I would appreciate it. Dk.hpt

thanks Craig

Looks like you are almost ready to go. I would just disable your closed loop by setting the enable ECT to 283*, and then disable your Long term fuel trims. Also, the first time you start scanning the vehicle, don't forget to clear the fuel trims in the VCM controls. Also, you still have 28* of timing in your WOT regions, so don't forget to change that to a smaller, more turbo friendly value. lol

Question, why those injectors? That is a really small injector for a 6.0 turbo vehicle. Especially when your fuel system is only at 48psi.

Tuner in Training
    Got a set of 60lbers to drop in this eve so I'll change those settings too, how much timing in the wot when i start logging with the wideband?

Just to be safe, I would start with a low value if you are on pump gas. Somewhere around 13*. Then you can always work your way up by reading the plugs, to see if it will take more timing.

Tuner in Training
    From reading this morning thats wrong map sensor trying to verify if it is

pretty sure that's wrong.
    Put a volt meter across the green and orange/black wires. 2.45v with the key on means 2 bar. 4.9v means it's a 1 bar.

GM 12615136 should be a good number for you
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks man i check that this eve, it wouldnt act right with sd tune in it so i started at the map sensor