Thread: Help with trans swap!!!

Tuner in Training

Help with trans swap!!!

I have 2000 Gmc Sierra
    4l80e
    72mm turbo

When I put in the 80e trans it doesn't really want to move. When I press on the gas it moves a inch or two if that.
    I've been told that once I get the segment swap it should work fine so some one told me to use the scanner to activate the shift solenoids with the key on and engine off to verify wiring.

My question is "How do I use my scanner to activate shift solenoids with the key on engine off to verify wiring"?

Thanks
    Last edited by LQ4-TURBO; 08-11-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Add more

Tuner in Training
    vcm controls.jpg

Any DTC's? Are you not using the ECM/TCM for the 6.0 & 4L80?

Tuner in Training
    Yes I am I had a tuned by a well known tuner when it had the 60e in it but the trans went south quick so I swapped in the 80e.

The codes are: P0740 torque converter clutch solenoid circuit open
    P0785 shift timing solenoid malfunction
    P0740 torque converter clutch solenoid open
    P0785 shift solenoid malfunction
    P1810 DTC definition not found see service manual

When I got the segmented tune back and flashed in on to the truck the codes went away on my obd ii scanner but all the symptoms and problems remain.

I appreciate any help guys I'm new at tunning but willing to learn!
    Last edited by LQ4-TURBO; 08-12-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes it has P1810 DTC definition not found see service Manuel

Tuner in Training
    Help, please...!

Tuner in Training
    Is there why to see if the segment swap is in the tune? Just puzzled and trying to figure it out.

Tuner in Training
    If you need a segment swap, you have to send it in to HPTuners support.

Tuner in Training
    I have already had the segment swap down by HP tuners I wanted to see if there's away that I could see that its down? Im sure that they did it but I need to learn more info on tuning and this could be a start.

Post the tune guy.

It's easy to see if the swap was done, the selected transmission will already say 4L80e and under the first tab for tranmission will show extra stuff to edit for shift times etc, like D1 and D2 and then next to it will be WOT shift speed and shift RPM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Heres the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    All the connections are good the 4l80e is attached in the tune. Where do I go from here?

Have you tried adding all the tranny parameters like commanded gear and such into vcm scanner and watch what the computer is telling it to do? Does the segment swap have the option to disable the 3-2 solenoid? The tcc lockup will take some wiring changes I believe as the 60 uses two signals for the tcc lockup but the 80 only uses one.
    Just another day on the laptop...

Tuner in Training
    No I haven't its sad but I really don't know how to do any of that. I've been told that the trans should operate fine with out tuning it and some one told that it has to be tuned or it wont shift right at all? I wish I could a positive answer on that.

Any if I knew how to disable the 3-2 solenoid how would that help don't I need them? Very new to tuning bare with me!

My thought is its either ignition switch or its tuning.

My reason for ignition switch is the trucks has a hard time staying idle to so that adding with the codes that leads me to be the ignition switch. Or it could be the tune but I don't see why the truck would have problems staying idle when the engine has been tuned by a tuning shop already?

Could somebody recommend a good tuning shop dealing with LS based engines?
    Last edited by LQ4-TURBO; 08-20-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Where are the bidirectional controls located at so I can try and disable 3-2 solenoids? Thanks

When u swapped the trans, did u repin the connector to the 4l80 or get a converted cable?