Thread: My Torque Management question

Tuner in Training

My Torque Management question

ok so I have got hp tuners and I have been playing with the scanner some..
    now I got around to getting the vcm editor hooked up and downloaded my cars information..
    ""i have not and will not make any changes until I learn more and do a lot more research""

I found some info on disabling the torque management
    1: Open your editor, go to Edit>Transmission>Torque Management.
    2: Set Abuse Mode Enable False
    3: Set Abuse Mode RPM, Abuse Mode TPS and Abuse Mode Speed to 0
    4: click over on Abuse Mode Torque Reduction vs RPM. I am referring to An A4 camaro SS here so dunno about anyone else. Set all values in Normal to 0.
    5: You should now have NO TORQUE MANAGEMENT.

so in my information what I have found was the abuse mode has been disabled
    rpm is set at 7000
    tps is 5 %
    speed is 255 mph
    and under the torque reduction tab is all 0s

now my question is would this be considered a half attempt at disabling the torque management on my car at some point in time from one of the previous two owners I guess??
    is the above information the correct information I have found?

Kinda. In my opinion, Torque management has 3 categories: Abuse, Traction Control, and overall Engine/Trans Torque limits. The settings you have listed above are for the abuse mode. If you dig through the editor on the engine side of TQ management, you'll find Traction control and Torque Limits. If you don't have the traction control button, i love disabling this, and then maxing out my limits on the gen III's. Gen IV's you can max out too, but there's one # i have maxed before (trans input max), and it forced 3rd gear on us and wouldn't change (not sure why and haven't asked yet). If you like traction control keep it, but still maxing your TQ limits is one more step in eliminating the management.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 3k to 3200 stall.. I do have the traction control asr button. But im thinking of trying to adjust the transmission a bit more... I was kinda curious when I found this info inside my cars computer. . I've been told for a stall need to disabled tm. . But im not sure I really want to do not need to burn my transmission up.. but hopefully I'll learn more about all this stuff