Thread: Hanging idle or normal behavior?

Hanging idle or normal behavior?

When coming to a stop my idle hangs around 100-150 higher then target (900 at operating temp) for about 12 Mississippi's then settles in. Is this normal? Car is a 06 C6 E38 - 2 bar SD COS with Procharger and mild blower cam. Let me know if you need more details. Is 900 a good target, I see some at 800? Thanks

Check my "about to throw in the towel" thread.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Check my "about to throw in the towel" thread.
    TO summarize a long read, the idle air table needs to be tuned. Likely has too high airflows. Also, your idle RPM can likely be reduced to a lower RPM. I have a 224/ 234 114 cam and I can idle 650-700 RPM smoothly since I have tuned the idle air.
    09 G8 GT- 224/234 114 cam, 3200 stall, 3.45 gears, Vararam, 1 7/8" headers, 3" exhaust, HSW nitrous

Quote Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
    TO summarize a long read, the idle air table needs to be tuned. Likely has too high airflows. Also, your idle RPM can likely be reduced to a lower RPM. I have a 224/ 234 114 cam and I can idle 650-700 RPM smoothly since I have tuned the idle air.
    LOL, I got through 2 pages and had to look away.. albeit I did learn a lot in the first two.

I am also totally out of my comfort zone with this tuning. I have a friends cable I put credits on and so far after 2 tuners my car still has issues with idle and low rpm surging and decel popping exhaust. My idle target is also 900. My first tuner said to raise the target rpm to avoid it wanting to stall sometimes. I finally got a wideband installed but I have yet to figure a place to route the harness inside the car to the monitor. It has been dyno tuned but it was not perfect. I posted a thread before with some issues and got no help here. I need to find someone that can remote tune maybe and tell me what kind of logs they want to see. The idle and surging is driving me nuts. I can tell you that messing with airflow is tricky since my 2nd tuner did that and I got idle hangs and then started getting a P1516 ETC code and power reduction so I had to go back to my first tune that sucks in its own ways.