Thread: need input on idle, in drive idle issue

Tuner

need input on idle, in drive idle issue

details:
    2000 silverado
    6.0 lq4 swap
    aftermarket cam
    stock injectors

The truck starts up and idles great. I can put it in reverse and it will transition just fine and idle great. The issue is when i shift it to drive and not move the vehicle. it'll transition fine. Then all of a sudden it seem to go into a weird mode and compensate with a ton of fuel. i am getting about 10ms PW's and actual timing advance is very low(~12*). it shakes the truck pretty badly and wants to open up the IAC like its compensating for a vacuum leak.
    I put the vehicle in reverse immediately and it will idle just fine and not have that issue.
    I dont get how reverse and drive can be controlled any different.

here is a snapshot i took to point out what i was seeing
    biggreen in drive issue.PNG

here is a the log and the current tune
    BiggreenWORKING.hpt
    in drive very bad idle issue green truck.hpl

Thanks!

A couple of things that I have noticed:

- Your engine cylinder volume is for that of a 5.3. You need to enter the value of 0.74590 and change the drop down menu to "OHV 6.0L".
    - I think you have too much spark at idle. I realize the engine probably idles well with that much spark, but the problem is that you are probably at MBT for spark control with that much spark. Thus, your underspeed spark table is not able to doing anything to correct.
    - I would work on your over/underspeed spark tables. Either start with a stock table and see how that works, or sometimes take a stock table and multiply by 2 works better in certain situations.

Keep in mind that you might have to redo a lot of the VE table after the cylinder volume change. The wierd timing and IAC counts might be from the stall saver mode.

Tuner
    Thanks for the input i will give those changes a try and let you know how it goes.