Thread: 2013 Mustang 5.0 Reduced Power Mode

2013 Mustang 5.0 Reduced Power Mode

2013 Mustang GT with a Diablo 93 Tune. The car came in with a Boss intake, FRPP Throttle Body and the diablo calibration with lots of drivability issues. I have most of the issues worked out but one I need some help on. The car will start and idle great with no idle issues. It can be driven with no issues and no return to idle issues. Fuel trim +/- 5%. The car does have some slight surging during cruise, not enough to see the tach move but enough to feel. After about twenty minutes of driving the idle will slowly go from 800 to 2500 over about a 1 minute time frame. Then the idle will drop down to 800 go back up and then go into reduced power mode. Turn the car off, restart and its all good for another 20 minutes. What could it be? Any one have parameters for the FRPP throttle body.

Thank You

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bad383ta View Post
    2013 Mustang GT with a Diablo 93 Tune. The car came in with a Boss intake, FRPP Throttle Body and the diablo calibration with lots of drivability issues. I have most of the issues worked out but one I need some help on. The car will start and idle great with no idle issues. It can be driven with no issues and no return to idle issues. Fuel trim +/- 5%. The car does have some slight surging during cruise, not enough to see the tach move but enough to feel. After about twenty minutes of driving the idle will slowly go from 800 to 2500 over about a 1 minute time frame. Then the idle will drop down to 800 go back up and then go into reduced power mode. Turn the car off, restart and its all good for another 20 minutes. What could it be? Any one have parameters for the FRPP throttle body.

Thank You
    I would put the stock throttle body back on it and see if the problem still exists. Those 90mm TB's are known to have issues when tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Hopefully Eric will have the datalogging capabilities to get these things dialed in like the previous models.

From my understanding, the 90MM TB's need fine tuning on the dyno and are pretty much hit or miss. They aparently don't have one set of universal settings that work.... Unless the Ford Tuning fairy dust has been blown up my ass and the true tuning of them is being kept a secret.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09