Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New ford track key....has anyone read it yet?

New ford track key....has anyone read it yet?

Wondering if anyone has tried it or read the tune for the new Ford Track key for the GTs, suppose to change something like 600 parameters in the ECU....from what I read its a little pricey $425 and you have to get it programmed at a ford dealer.... it also features launch control.....and a lopey idle that you can turn off if you want
    Last edited by rkrebs27; 08-05-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Isn't that for the 2015's?
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

It became available to GT's that were built after June 1 2013 I think. (Not 100% sure on exact date).
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin85 View Post
    It became available to GT's that were built after June 1 2013 I think. (Not 100% sure on exact date).
    i think its July 1 2013 and later models..and for manual trans only..you can do earlier models but you have to get ford procal tuner ....suppose to add16 hp ...wonder if the HPT will read it

Advanced Tuner
    Does it matter? The parameters getting changed are all adjustable with hpt aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    Does it matter? The parameters getting changed are all adjustable with hpt aren't they?
    don't know...i hope so...that's why i was wondering if anyone has done a read on one...

Advanced Tuner
    I would think if the gain is just 16 it would be some minor spark and maybe some tq management...both things we've got control over.

I would think if the gain is just 16 it would be some minor spark and maybe some tq management...both things we've got control over.
    I'm not sure if anyone has sent a read of a 2014 track key in, but I have reads from the Boss. I have it mostly done, but other things have taken precedence.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has sent a read of a 2014 track key in, but I have reads from the Boss. I have it mostly done, but other things have taken precedence.
    i had read that the Boss track key was not that impressive ...cool that soon we will be able to read it though ...great job..tell your boss i said you need a raise.

Advanced Tuner
    Track key reading < 2.25 scanner, along with everything else that pertains to beta getting completed.

I think the only advantage to Track Key would be the ability to run two programs from two different keys. Other than that, if you know what you are doing (definitely not me) you should be able to duplicate and improve on anything from the factory.

HPT flashes much faster than any of the hand helds that I've used so there isn't really any need for two tunes in the computer- although it would be pretty cool. The diesel guys have been doing something similar for years.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrebs27 View Post
    i had read that the Boss track key was not that impressive ...cool that soon we will be able to read it though ...great job..tell your boss i said you need a raise.
    I'll tell him, haha.

Track key reading < 2.25 scanner, along with everything else that pertains to beta getting completed.
    Agreed. Getting the finishing touches done to the 2.25 editor and out of beta is priority, as is the scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
    I think the only advantage to Track Key would be the ability to run two programs from two different keys. Other than that, if you know what you are doing (definitely not me) you should be able to duplicate and improve on anything from the factory.

HPT flashes much faster than any of the hand helds that I've used so there isn't really any need for two tunes in the computer- although it would be pretty cool. The diesel guys have been doing something similar for years.
    Yep, that's the only thing that will be really useful about it. And since no one supports the Track Key, it makes me want to do it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    And since no one supports the Track Key, it makes me want to do it.
    This right here is why you are the best in the business my friend.

Eric -scanned the red key on the Boss again and I'm not seeing any difference between it and the silver. From what friend says, the throttle response is much faster with the track key. But, the two tunes look identical. I'm thinking the info for the track key is stored in a different portion of the ecu that piggybacks and is not accessible. Definitely is a difference in the on position because the DIC displays "track use only" for the red key.

Had no interest in copying it. I only cared to see what differences there were between the two that made the difference in throttle response. I have never seen a single factory tune anywhere near as good as even a decent one made with HPT. If anything, I'm guess the zeroed PID's for TB response would really sharped it up. Plenty of tq management to remove and other spots to fix on the silver key.

I enabled both my regular keys for the track key in my 2014 gt with the Ford IDS....both silver keys read track use only, so the "red" key itself is probably not necessary just enable any key with the IDS and download the program after you pay and register it .....of course it doesn't change anything on my car as I don't have the ford racing program ..anyone willing to share a track key tune? GT or a Boss would be great,

The red key is the original from Ford. It's from a 2012 Boss Laguna Seca. They were the original cars available with a red "track key" which was delayed thanks to the magic of CARB needing to be bought off. Inserting it causes the DIC to display track only. Definitely changes parameters. Full read does not register any differences between it and the silver though.

I know,i was referring to the Red track key for the 2014 GT from Ford racing.. some dyno test I've seen between the 2 keys on the Boss doesn't show any HP increase, but I would like to know what they change.

Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    The red key is the original from Ford. It's from a 2012 Boss Laguna Seca. They were the original cars available with a red "track key" which was delayed thanks to the magic of CARB needing to be bought off. Inserting it causes the DIC to display track only. Definitely changes parameters. Full read does not register any differences between it and the silver though.
    The file is the same, there are many parameters that have duplicates that get used when the red key is used.

I will add those parameters soon.

Gotcha. So, parameters that are still invisible. That's why I went through the whole tune and didn't see any difference between the visible ones yet.

Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    Gotcha. So, parameters that are still invisible. That's why I went through the whole tune and didn't see any difference between the visible ones yet.
    Correct.

I have it on my to do list, but it is a lot of parameters to add that will only be used for this one calibration. I have higher priority stuff to get done.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC