Thread: Mono Blade Throttle Body

Advanced Tuner

Mono Blade Throttle Body

I'm about to purchase the massive mono blade tb for my GT w/ the cobra jet manifold. I see my current, a twin 60mm, is nearly identical to a gt500's settings. Differences are in driver demand and scheduled torque. Is it safe to say that using the cobra jet's settings for the mono blade is the place to start? Excluding the 2 tables that are different and then in those 2 tables multiply by the percentage increase from the twin 60 to the mono blade?

This is my first tb change on a car w/ electronic throttle body so forgive my lack of knowing in this area.

Thanks for any advice and tips in this area.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Tuner
    I've also discovered the idle airflow tables that are going to need adjustment as well.

Tuner
    predicted throttle angle, effective area, driver demand
    indicated engine torque and indicated engine torque inverse also need to match or be close

Advanced Tuner
    With my current tb, predicted angle and effective area are identical to that of a gt500, makes sense gt500 tb. The driver demand however is not the same.

Indicated torque is still stock. Has not been touched in any of the tunes I had purchased when I was letting others tune the car via sct, or in my tune. Does not seem to be causing any adverse effects.

Tuner
    I just say the torque tables so your torque error isnt so big and you dont ahoot limp mode
    Any way you can increase the max wheel torque error but its not the proper way
    I think i have a calibration i did in a whipple supercharged mustang with monoblade it may help you see the differences
    Let me find it and i would post it

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you that would be appreciated. I am using a na cobra jet as a reference as well as a stock 07 gt500 that I nabbed from the repository. Like I said, first time w/ etc so this is new territory for me. Nothing I can't handle so long as I know where to look. Thank you again.