Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ntk afrm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    BM, would love to see a wideband controller with CAN outputs from you guys. This would remove all ground offset issues.

Our next version of VCM Scanner 2.25 will allow you to define custom PID's for any OBD bus.
    Agreed. Going "digital" is definitely a continuing customer request. Most customers don't know what a ground offset is and have a hard enough time understanding analog input & analog ground. Unfortunately, logging systems have varying standards. As you know, CAN has different speeds, identifier, & message structures. Serial is, in effect, just a loose term for do whatever you want in the aftermarket. I suspect J1939 is the simplest way to go but it will leave a lot of other users with only one CAN bus or a non configurable bus out in the dark still. It is a want but we will need to hit some further volume targets first.

In a related point, it looks like the AFRM is going on national backorder just as the season is coming on here. So, for those on the fence the AFR500 is available!

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for this good info.
    I have an AFX in each of my cars both working perfectly.
    Both with the NTK sensor.
    I actually find the range acceptable. Although it would be nice to have the lean end extended.

Ron
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

The AFRM GEN2 is out now which offers the AFR500 / AFX range getting rid of the funky offset. I still haven't gotten time to test it to see if the output was jagged like the GEN1. SNSR-01008 -> http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/3295

In other news, we are releasing the AFR500v2! We listened to our customer requests and provided just the additional features customers asked for.

Summary of Changes for the v2:
    Lambda Display Option
    Wide Range Option
    (0.41-1.37 Lambda)
    (6-20 Gas AFR)
    (2.66-8.88 Methanol AFR)
    Increased display speed
    Bosch LSU 4.9 Option
    Methanol Display Option
    Faster analog output
    All harnesses, control units, accessories, etc (except the LSU 4.9) are backwards and forwards compatible
    Options are selectable at any time via internal jumpers
    NTK Calibration grade sensor highly recommended for low AFR methanol applications

SNSR-00990 -> http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/2337
    Last edited by bmotorsports; 03-03-2016 at 11:45 AM.