Thread: 2.25 messed up my idle :mad: Please help

Advanced Tuner

2.25 messed up my idle :mad: Please help

Alright guys, as a background, my truck has been running great for years. The idle has been super stable and the truck has been great driving the last few times Ive modified the tune over the past month. So I update my software the the 2.25 beta to tune a ford for a friend, and I happen to make a change to my tune for a transmission adjustment, and since, my idle has been nothing but trouble. The truck WOULD NOT hold idle for more than 5 secs at a time. I tried every relearn and reset I could think of. I finally added some base raf and got it to stay running. But im still having trouble with surges/stalls at low speed maneuvers. Adding to the raf isnt helping, just making the truck hold speed longer when I let off the throttle. Im at the point now that when I let off the throttle, it doesnt "cruise control" but the rpms dont drop like I think they should either. Startup airlfow doesnt do much either. It mainly happens after a startup, but sometimes happens after running for an hour. I thought I had it pretty nailed down today, and after a 30 min drive, it did it again. I have attached my tune and a log of it happening. Look at 28:31.XXX in the log.

2005 Sierra 1500
    LQ4 6.0
    07+ 87mm tb, intake, flexfuel injectors and 243 heads
    lt's, x pipe, magnaflows in 2.5" duals
    volant cai with ram air
    tsp 224 cam with 112 lsa
    pac 1218 springs
    7.4" pushrods
    3.73 gears
    3200 278 stall in built 4l60e

05 silver truck jeremy.hpt
    stall at end.hpl

i would revert to 2.24

Advanced Tuner
    I actually read the tune back out in 2.24 and have been continuing there today. But Im still have trouble with low speed parking maneuvers...

Advanced Tuner
    I guess I should also note, Im tuning in CL MAF for simplicity sake right now

Senior Tuner
    I've noticed that the newer 2.25 builds CAN flash the GM stuff...but why use it?

In the past, we all used the 2.23 beta because 2.22 was never updated for newer vehicles, or any additions to vehicle definitions or anything...that's not the case as 2.24 is updated AND STABLE all the time.

If you had a tune that was working, and you still have that file, do a write entire with the newest build of 2.24, and then continue to write calibration only from that as your starting point.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    I did revert back to 2.24 and a known good tune, but i didn't think about doing a write entire. That's when all my trouble started anyways, after doing a write entire with 2.25

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet6.0 View Post
    I did revert back to 2.24 and a known good tune, but i didn't think about doing a write entire. That's when all my trouble started anyways, after doing a write entire with 2.25
    It probably has nothing to do with the software. With the Gen 3 apps, I've found that if the idle is "tuned" around poorly learned values, a write entire will clear the learned data, and as a result, the idle will immediately get screwed up too. Write calibration doesn't seem to have that clearing effect. I'd bet that back when it was idling fine, if you had unhooked the battery and let it sit overnight, or a few nights, you'd have probably had the same exact idle issues when reconnected it and fired it back up.

I think you need to go through your idle tuning procedure again, and maybe even do a few write entire here and there (with 2.24) along the way to be sure you're getting it right this time.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    Have you e-mailed support about your issue? Any Beta problems are not supposed to be handled on the forum.

Why would you do a write entire just because you started using 2.25?
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    I did a write entire in 2.25 because I had some weird out of the blue trans issues and wanted to see if a write entire would help, and it did the trans issues. But now idle is screwed.

Advanced Tuner
    Did a write entire with 2.24. No help yet. Still dies occasionally in reverse while turning and braking. Think backing out of a parking spot. Gonna drive it around today and see if the adaptives eventually help out.

Senior Tuner
    Did a write entire with 2.24. No help yet. Still dies occasionally in reverse while turning and braking. Think backing out of a parking spot. Gonna drive it around today and see if the adaptives eventually help out.
    I told you why it's happening...it's not the fault of the software.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    It probably has nothing to do with the software. With the Gen 3 apps, I've found that if the idle is "tuned" around poorly learned values, a write entire will clear the learned data, and as a result, the idle will immediately get screwed up too. Write calibration doesn't seem to have that clearing effect. I'd bet that back when it was idling fine, if you had unhooked the battery and let it sit overnight, or a few nights, you'd have probably had the same exact idle issues when reconnected it and fired it back up.

I think you need to go through your idle tuning procedure again, and maybe even do a few write entire here and there (with 2.24) along the way to be sure you're getting it right this time.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like its not a software version issue.