Thread: Getting lots of Knock Retard, log inside....

Tuner

Getting lots of Knock Retard, log inside....

Tune is pretty much stock minus some torque management removal and shift adjusts, car is a 97 Corvette using shell 91 octane gas, car only has Vararam, LS6 Intake Manifold (intalled over the weekend) and cat back exhaust. Im getting 4-7 deg of KR at WOT, WOT AFR is a constant 12.6 as verified by my AEM wideband gauge. I have attached the log, is this KR part of torque management? I should be getting 28-29 of timing at WOT but im losing a ton of power with it being at 21. I have attached my current tune as well, any help is appreciated. I have also attached my config file if anyone needs it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ls1c5vette; 08-04-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added Config File
    2015 Yukon SLT 5.3

Advanced Tuner
    Did you log the car prior to the TQ management changes?
    How about before the Vara Ram install?

91 octane is pretty crappy.....and the stock tune does run quite a bit of timing. Although I notice the low octane table is the same as the high octane?
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Tuner
    I did log the car before the Vararam and intake manifold, AFR was at 12.5 wot and had NO knock, since I know I will always be running 91 I made the high and low table the same. I added some Lucas Octane Booster today and it only made my knock go down 1-2 deg so I have lowered my timing in WOT ranges by 3-4 deg and will log another WOT run tonight to see if that helped. I also adjusted my knock sensors sensitivity by about 10%.
    2015 Yukon SLT 5.3