Thread: Misfire Detection for Non OBDII Engine

Potential Tuner

Misfire Detection for Non OBDII Engine

I would like to know if anyone is familiar with adding a misfire detection system to an non OBDII engine. I have a 1969 GTO and I would like to improve my overall tuning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have considered installing an UEGO to get the AFR correct. Also I have looked at EGT. Since this is a dual exhaust do I need two senors or which bank do I monitor?

Advanced Tuner
    To datalog knock and misfire counts, your options would be going with a standalone system. There are several systems out there. Most of the systems are going to be a upgrade to go fuel injection tho. I have done several Gen. 1 350 setups with a full standalone to monitor knock, misfire, afr, boost, spark, etc.

We use an aem 4 channel wideband controller and 2 wideband o2 sensors and a 2 channel labscope to tune carb'd cars to perfection on the dyno at work. it is real time and adjustments are made with a screwdriver not a keyboard but it is pretty accurate. we drill and mount o2 bungs in the exhaust close to the headers instead of sticking them in exhaust tip so readings are more reliable. and the same lab scope with a kv module can be used for misfire detection. the same lab scope with a amp probe can give you a relative compression test just by measuring starter draw as each cylinder builds compression while cranking. without ever pulling a spark plug. hptuners isn't for your 1969 gto. no, it is for the 1969 gto i am building at work: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=241858