Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low/high slops

Darryl
    thanks mate for your time.but very new to it all.and I have to play with the scanner and know how to get it right
    I know with my id 1000s the pw at idle is around .52355 msec.
    ill have to do a table with pw and battery voltage over rpm
    very green to it all.but lots to lurn
    Nigel

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    I have just completed an exercise in drilling my standard injectors out on an FG, I used a home made flow bench to flow match them.
    Then calculated the Hi & Low slope and applied it. I then loged it with a wideband and moved the hi slope until the wideband matched the commanded AFR.
    Then with the low slope again applied a calculated slope and trimed it so the stft and ltft was as closed to zero as possible at idle which was also reflected in the closed loop cruise fuel trims.
    The break point and offset settings have been left standard probably not optimal, however the vehicle shows no drivability issues at all and without a drivability issue I do not see a reason why they should be moved unless it effects my fuel consumption and that has not been confirmed yet. The flow rate was only marginaly increased to approximately 45lb all matched this is probably why using these standard settings caused no issues.

Hi Yortt , Old thread but since it is dormant for approximately 0.6 years (hopefully not hijacking it!?) and not to start another thread about drilled injectors , Yortt's How is your experimenting with drilling injectors? I'm not here to discredit anything your doing, I'm just merely interested in what people are doing as yourself are.

Ford Injector Characterization - Drillbits and Dipshits -

http://injectordynamics.com/articles...-and-dipshits/

Paul Yaw@Injector Dynamics, "Drilling the atomizer plate to increase the flow rate of an injector does not
    change its offset. The internals have not changed, so the injector response time is the same."

Paul Yaw's provides some very good information ID's web site

cheers
    Last edited by FPV_GTp; 01-04-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: correction on date oops approximately 0.6 years

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FPV_GTp View Post
    Hi Yortt , Old thread but since it is dormant for approximately 0.6 years (hopefully not hijacking it!?) and not to start another thread about drilled injectors , Yortt's How is your experimenting with drilling injectors? I'm not here to discredit anything your doing, I'm just merely interested in what people are doing as yourself are.

Paul Yaw's provides some very good information ID's web site

cheers
    G'day FPV_GTp

The cars running fine, 16psi on 98 with the drilled injectors. I was carefull only to drill 2 of the 4 holes out 1 for each port just enough to get the fuel I wanted hopefully with minimum impact on the dynamics of the injector which worked out @ 45lb @ 3bar which was my test bench pressure.

I hardly use the car so I still do not have fuel economy figures. The empasis was on tight LTFT & STFT and uniform wideband reading which has been achieved.