Thread: high ve/ high cylinder mass

Potential Tuner

high ve/ high cylinder mass

so my engine is 408, 13-1 compression, big cam, e85 bosch 1000cc inj. so im thinking my inj data wrong. my ve table is very high and the car is still a tad lean driving around. and my duty cycle is high also. so I need help lowering my ve table to dial this in or ill take it to shop to get finished.

camaro rtt.hpt
    good drive.hpl

Couple of things I see as an issue first off. Where you are commanding fuel, you have a value of 1.25 as your OLFA value, and a value of 1.80 as your PE. Those are both really high values. I am not sure if you did that because it was running lean, or because you are trying to scale for e85, but you have the AFR stoich ratio correctly changed to 9.77X:1, so you are good to go for e85. But yeah, your VE table is astronomically high. Your IFR table seems accurate though.

yikes on that VE table!! a config would help, so we can accurately asses your datalog, appears there's not much data being logged. not sure it's the issue, but set maf codes (at least p0103) to fail first. you can uncheck the box so the light stays out if you want, but that's up to you. i'd guess it's not failing maf. your VE is the reason for the hi g/cyl, as for ifr tables-more info is needed. is the fuel system return/returnless, and what is base pressure? also note the items 93camaro pointed out, i'd suggest setting at least the warm driving part of OLFA to 1.00, and PE to something that gets you a bit closer to a realistic afr....

Potential Tuner
    i have the OLFA up alittle bit to knock the VE table down but still didnt help. i have the pe high cause of how high every other table is.

more info, car is has a return fuel system, 58psi fuel pressure, super vic, 4150 t/b, 1 7/8 headers,

what should i be logging in the scanner?
    Last edited by erskine; 08-03-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Potential Tuner
    config
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: cfg 4.cfg (2.8 KB, 12 views)

Potential Tuner
    drive2.hpl

I changed the injector a little bit. heres a new scan and helped. but ve still way high

Whats actual fuel pressure? Gotta get the fueling correct before you try to tackly VE tuning.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Potential Tuner
    fuel psi 58, return fuel system. james i sent you email about this and trying to get help if you do remote tuning