Thread: Power Enrichment issue

Power Enrichment issue

Hey everyone.

Working on a 2005 GMC 5.3L 4x4. If got the MAF and VE dialed in nicely with my NGK wideband.

Issue I am having with PE is a brief area when go WOT where the PE isn't following along as it should. Stays lean for a brief instant then follows right along. At the same time as the PE not following along the timing advance spikes low then right back to where it should.

Can someone please have a look a my attached MAF only tune and log. Frame 1490 of the log is one part of the log that shows what's going on.

It does this in my MAF only tune and SD tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Moparmatty; 07-31-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Same as posted tune with mods to pe. There is always a short delay between commanded and seeing it, this should get you closer.

TQ management is still active.

Change PE enrichment delay rpm to 0

As far as PE and relation to AFR, its pretty much doing what you have commanded it to do in the table from my limited view.

You have it set for 13.1(1.120) up to 2800rpm, then 12.9(1.136) at 3200, then 12.77(1.151) at 3600 and up.

PE is not always finite accurate, meaning it cannot just go 13.1 then stop for 1 rpm then go up again, it transistions.

PE still needs to be adjusted and you do that pending the type of tune you have meaning, if you are tuning WOT VE, you make adjustments for pe in your VE table, if MAF, you make PE adjustments via the MAF table.

If you are intent on runing it with that PE/AFR, from looking at it, you need to add about 8%(1.08 X) to that area of your MAF table from about 6250hz-8375hz. Then smoothen.

Its also a good prcatice to smoothen out your MAF curve as you go.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Thanks Mecanicman. I have applied your changes and will see how it works tonight. With the PE the way you have suggested, the MAP value must be met before the TPS position activates the PE?

As for as the torque management goes POWERZONE does the tune I have attached now fully address disabling the torque management?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    With the PE the way you have suggested, the MAP value must be met before the TPS position activates the PE?
    Both Criteria must be met. You must be at or greater than the tps % and at or higher than map setting.

Thanks Mecanicman. I have applied your changes and will see how it works tonight. With the PE the way you have suggested, the MAP value must be met before the TPS position activates the PE?

As for as the torque management goes POWERZONE does the tune I have attached now fully address disabling the torque management?
    You should be good to go now.
    [email protected]

It still does the same thing. The PE isnt as much of a problem. But the dip in timing when flooring is puzzling me.

It still does the same thing. The PE isnt as much of a problem. But the dip in timing when flooring is puzzling me.
    On your logs look at your chart and look at your histogram. When the drop in timing occurs, it is hitting the timing that is currently in your Spark advance table.

At 1,575rpm (1.6 on the histo) and at .66 g/cyl( .64 on the histo) you are at 6.5(7* on the histo)

Now go look at your high oct spark advance table and the area around 1.4 to 1.6 rpm and .64 to .66 g/cyl, you see your spark advance is around 7-9 degrees.

The lesson here is you can see the importance of smoothening out the spark tables in certain areas and spark advance tuning.

With that said, on your other log, you do have quite a bit of KR that you need to address. I do not recommend tuning the fuel tables and not addressing the obvious KR you are getting.

Looking at your spark table, you potentially will continue to have this timing drop if you continue to make pulls from below 2,000.
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 07-31-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    [email protected]

Senior Tuner
    try this. If your afr is dialed in should be fine, but watch/listen for knock.

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to look this over now.