Thread: 1.20 g/cyl Not Enough

Advanced Tuner

1.20 g/cyl Not Enough

Ok so I'm working with a couple boost ls cars. Both are running the 3 bar os, but both are maxing out the spark tables, 1.20 g/cyl, relatively low. Is there a work around for this? One is seeing nearly 3 g/cyl at full boost. Is it the only thing to do is set the 1.20 to what you want for spark advance under boost?
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    Ok so I'm working with a couple boost ls cars. Both are running the 3 bar os, but both are maxing out the spark tables, 1.20 g/cyl, relatively low. Is there a work around for this? One is seeing nearly 3 g/cyl at full boost. Is it the only thing to do is set the 1.20 to what you want for spark advance under boost?
    You can do some creative timing removal using the Boost Fuel enrichment values and the Timing vs RPM vs Commanded EQ Ratio table. You just have to gradually richen the AFR as boost increases.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Neither car has a narrowband. running ol 100% of the time

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    Neither car has a narrowband. running ol 100% of the time
    My response has nothing to do with the narrowband sensor. It has to do with the boost enrichment table values in the custom OS and the AFR timing adder table. You can set that table up to remove timing by boost as it relates to the commanded EQ Ratio.
    Jaime

you can scale the tune(s) to gain more control over the timing instead of just riding the bottom line of the timing table. There are some write-ups on here about it and if you go to injector dynamics website there is an article on there written by Dsteck about scaling. I have done on a couple of high boost tunes with success so far.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tom-OS-SD-tune

take a look at this thread. it has some pretty smart guys giving me advice about scaling tunes

Advanced Tuner
    I confused the eq ratio as a narrowband reference point. It's been a couple months since really having to do anything with these cars was just on the receiving end of a text the other day and I said ya know what I don't know how to answer that. When the cars had smaller turbos and less boost is wasn't so much of an issue. Now...well an 88mm pushing 16-20psi...yeah we need to get that spark situation figured out.

THanks for the input tho guys. Off to id's website.