Thread: Ultimate Magnacharger L99 Camaro Tune

Tuner

Ultimate Magnacharger L99 Camaro Tune

I am looking to upgrade my Stock Magnacharger kit that came with the 3.8" pulley. I already have the 3.6" pulley and was taking a look at the tune. The factory MAF curve is untouched and it doesn't look like they setup the injectors correctly. The WOT AFR on the dyno is around 10.5:1

Here are some of my ideas let me know what you think

- Start with a stock 2010 L99 Camaro tune from there I will copy all the fuel injectors specs from a 2010 CTS-V (because Magnuson told me they use stock LSA/LS9 injectors). I am also going to transfer over much of the idle and idle airflow setting as a base to work with
    - I am going to retain the Magnacharger spark tables as a base to work with
    - Install ZR1 MAP sensor
    - Tune the car in custom OS 2 bar SD to get a good VE table
    - Use the BlueCat tool to write the VE equations
    - Convert the car back to stock OS and tune the MAF and copy in the VE equations to that tune. This way I have the ease of a mass air system with the snappy throttle of having the VE tuned correctly. It seems like most of these tunes that have the dynamic air tuned off (pure MAF) are spongy on throttle transitions

The only thing I am not sure of in this whole equation is the A6 transmission tuning

I'd heard Magnuson's older tunes were junk. The MAF table being stock supports that theory. Seems like they've maybe switched tuners recently, as the tune file that came with my C6 Heartbeat system wasn't horrible. Needed work of course, but at least the MAF curve had been changed.

Anyway... that seems like a decent plan. If it has the LS9 injectors, then copy all the injector flow/offset/pulse correction/limit tables. I'd also look at the IAT sensor calibration. My blower came with the LS9/LSA IAT2 sensor, but had stock calibration data. The IATs obviously weren't accurate. I'd also change the cylinder charge temp bias to match a ZR1/CTS-V file.

The only thing that doesn't make a ton of sense to me would be the reason for adding the custom 2 bar OS, then going back to the stock OS. Maybe there's something I'm missing? I run the 2 bar OS -- mainly for the extended fan tables and a couple other features -- but run the car in MAF only. I've never done any SD tuning, but I thought one of the major pluses of the custom OS was the "real" VE tables that you got with it. I could be totally wrong though. lol.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWMD82 View Post
    I'd heard Magnuson's older tunes were junk. The MAF table being stock supports that theory. Seems like they've maybe switched tuners recently, as the tune file that came with my C6 Heartbeat system wasn't horrible. Needed work of course, but at least the MAF curve had been changed.

Anyway... that seems like a decent plan. If it has the LS9 injectors, then copy all the injector flow/offset/pulse correction/limit tables. I'd also look at the IAT sensor calibration. My blower came with the LS9/LSA IAT2 sensor, but had stock calibration data. The IATs obviously weren't accurate. I'd also change the cylinder charge temp bias to match a ZR1/CTS-V file.

The only thing that doesn't make a ton of sense to me would be the reason for adding the custom 2 bar OS, then going back to the stock OS. Maybe there's something I'm missing? I run the 2 bar OS -- mainly for the extended fan tables and a couple other features -- but run the car in MAF only. I've never done any SD tuning, but I thought one of the major pluses of the custom OS was the "real" VE tables that you got with it. I could be totally wrong though. lol.
    I thought the upgrade to the custom OS didn't allow you to use the MAF sensor anymore?

Advanced Tuner
    Not at all. MAF works fine.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    Not at all. MAF works fine.
    Well them custom OS it is then. So then I just control the blending of the MAF / SD just like I did in the factory tune with the Dynamic Air?