Thread: 2012 mustang gt sct x4 tuning advice

Potential Tuner

2012 mustang gt sct x4 tuning advice

hello everyone,
    i have a 2012 mustang gt, i have had it for about a year and a half. i blew the motor on jan 4 2017 ( stock nothing has been done to car) ford replaced it with warranty for $100.00 ( ) i have about 4,000 miles on new motor. i have been wanting a little better throttle response and a little bit of a hp, tq increase and better shifting ( i will be first to admit i am not the worlds greatest driver and i miss 2nd and 3rd some times ) so i bought a sct x4 tuner and a barton short throw shifter. i bought them both from jegs.com and the sct x4 tuner is part number 946-7015. my question is who tunes the device, or does sct tune it.? i have heard alot of bad things about bama and how their tunes are not reliable. my car is 99% stock only have a muffler delete. i was just wanting some opinions on if the default 93 race tune will be fine on my motor because i dont want to replace it. or would you recommend i buy a tune from lund, vmp, aed and not use the default tunes.?

thanks for taking time to read this and for any replies
    cam

Normally, this model comes with some embedded tunes from SCT. If it has those tunes installed already, you can expect 10+ HP (93 Octane) with better throttle response. If you have the funds, I would suggest purchasing a CAI before placing any order for an additional tune. With the CAI and a reliable tune, you could gain 20-30+ HP (93 octane) and additional torque as well, but without the CAI, I wouldn't spend the money on a different calibration. I would just utilize the SCT calibrations that arrived with the handheld. As to the tuners: there are many. Jon @ Lund, Ken @ Palm Beach Dyno, Justin @ VMP and Shaun @ AED are just a few of the dozens of experienced Mustang tuners.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP