Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 5.0 manual mustang.. What nannies rob the most performance gain.how to remove?

on the traction control the value is 50,i tried resetting value to 0,5, 10 and 30 and the traction light on,abs light flashes and the service traction light come on....are there other values to change to stop this?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    thats a switch 50 is on and ZERO is off.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrebs27 View Post
    on the traction control the value is 50,i tried resetting value to 0,5, 10 and 30 and the traction light on,abs light flashes and the service traction light come on....are there other values to change to stop this?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    thats a switch 50 is on and ZERO is off.
    +1

If you hover over the field, at the bottom is a descriptor indicating this info.

Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    +1

If you hover over the field, at the bottom is a descriptor indicating this info.
    ...i know 0 turns it off...i wondered if there was a way to turn it off or reduce it without abs light flashing and traction light coming on
    Last edited by rkrebs27; 08-04-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrebs27 View Post
    ...i know 0 turns it off...i wondered if there was a way to turn it off or reduce it without abs light flashing and traction light coming on
    I believe I have found a more correct way in disabling traction control instead of changing this value. I will add it when I can and report back what I find.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Not to detract from the original topic...but it seems as though HPT's program will be above and beyond anything that is on the market today for tuning these vehicles. It seems there are some things that don't even need to be touched that we have access to. IMRC is one instance of this...EVERY tune I've got has these values the same.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin85 View Post
    The Spark Tip In slightly limits initial power when stomping on the gas. Disabling that will aid in killing part of the nanny system as well.

All your torque management can be raised as well.

How do we disable spark tip in ?

Auto trans? Theres some stuff there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    There is a switch, in the Electronic Throttle section called Tip In Management. Disabling this will eliminate the tip in lag. Cars drive SO much nicer with this turned off.
    Anyone know what tip-in mgmt does. I flipped this switch on my last file and the car (3.7 V6 Mustang) feels a lot better, I added a couple of degrees of timing with my last revision too, but I don't think it's entirely from that. I haven't spent a lot of time looking over these logs, but I did notice the car transitions to OP cam timing, and fueling a lot sooner. Also, the pedal used to sort of seem to "stack up" as you continued to press it and then there was nothing left for the last 30 to 40% of pedal travel, now it seems very progressive and natural. Low speed driveability isn't affected, if not improved, I need to spend more time really tell.

Senior Tuner
    The throttle opening is delayed with electronic tip in enabled. It is basically a slow ramp into opening the throttle after you put the pedal to the floor rather than just opening the throttle right up like you requested.

Senior Tuner
    Is there a similar type of tip in limit on the manuals? Always hate the 1-2 second lag I see in the logs of the throttle not going WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    The throttle opening is delayed with electronic tip in enabled. It is basically a slow ramp into opening the throttle after you put the pedal to the floor rather than just opening the throttle right up like you requested.
    If it wasn't doing as commanded, it must have been hard to notice, because I didn't seem to pick up on it logging throttle angle. Who knows, maybe I wasn't feeling the car respond and backing off the throttle in response. I need to somehow keep track of what my foot's doing vs. throttle. No doubt, the car feels a lot better now.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Is there a similar type of tip in limit on the manuals? Always hate the 1-2 second lag I see in the logs of the throttle not going WOT.
    My car is a manual, in the editor, Tip In Mgmt is under

Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle>Pedal>Tip In Mgmt
    Last edited by AKDMB; 08-01-2017 at 06:08 PM.