Thread: help with idle issue, datalog included.

Potential Tuner

help with idle issue, datalog included.

I have a 24x LT1 in my 97 T/A. Pretty much any time I have a cold start it idles at 1500 rpm or even a little higher. It has been doing this for about a year, started about a month after the 24x swap. I was hoping someone could review the datalog and point me in the right direction.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Looking at your scan you, it looks like your TPS is reading 2% which means the car is in run mode rather than in idle, hence idle parameters aren't coming into play, and the ECU thinks the car is running as TPS isn't zero. Your IAC counts are correct for that rpm range BTW, so i am gathering you haven't got a large whole in the throttle body which is good.

Potential Tuner
    I noticed that as well, but was not sure if that would cause the issue. However, once the car warms up, the idle is usually correct. So, I am kind of confused here. Should I try to adjust the tps as much as possible or should I just adjust hptuners to use idle parameters at 2% TPS?

Potential Tuner
    Just do a TPS reset.
    Unplug your TPS and IAC motor...then turn on ignition for 20sec (dont start the car) Turn ingniotion off plug in the TPS and IAC motor again.
    Then check with your scanner with ingnition on only that your TPS is now reading zero before you even start the car. Also check TPS voltage is lesss than 0.6V, if its above 0.6V then adjust your set screw i.e close the throttle body. Then do above procedure again (TPS reset)