Thread: AFR error wont change??

AFR error wont change??

Beginning to tune VE with a wideband and logging AFR error % with fuel trims with open and closed loop disabled. everything seems to be reading fine, I am getting and error percent of around 15-27%(commanding 14.6 and reading in the 11's) in most cells up to around 4k rpm. the problem I am having is that no matter how many times I copy the histogram number and paste into VE table the errors never get better and the AFR on the wideband never gets better. Am I missing something in the tune that allowing for added fuel? I thought I got everything but after logging and editing the table 6 times the VE table is starting to look wonky and the errors are still at 15-27%

here is the tune.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1992-25th; 07-30-2014 at 05:01 PM.

See bottom of sig. What you're talking about has to do with logs so post a log.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 1992-25th View Post
    Beginning to tune VE with a wideband and logging AFR error % with fuel trims with open and closed loop disabled. everything seems to be reading fine, I am getting and error percent of around 15-17%(commanding 14.6 and reading in the 11's) in most cells up to around 4k rpm. the problem I am having is that no matter how many times I copy the histogram number and paste into VE table the errors never get better and the AFR on the wideband never gets better. Am I missing something in the tune that allowing for added fuel? I thought I got everything but after logging and editing the table 6 times the VE table is starting to look wonky and the errors are still at 15-17%

here is the tune.

Thanks!
    If you are tuning the VE, you need to fail the MAF first.

I suggest you read around some more or purchase the Tuning School's beginner book.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

here is a short log and the histo I am using, sorry! and I think I uploaded the wrong tune file in the first post so here is the tune that I took the log from just now, I am pretty sure that I have MAF failed..... I do have the tuning school basic book here with me, maybe I am just way over thinking and making mistakes?
    Last edited by 1992-25th; 07-30-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Also I guess that I should mention that this car came from California with the tune that's in it, The car right now is in Utah, big elevation change and the DA is a lot worse up here. not sure how much of a difference that makes in the overall table

The above is right. The first tune you posted didn't have the MAF Fail Freq set to zero. Now in the latest tune it's set to 0 but the P0103 is set to no MIL light. It should be MIL on first error. While scanning check for DTC's. If you don't see a P0103 you aren't in speed density and can't tune the VE.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Thanks, The second tune I posted was the one I used, I just fingered it when I posted. I will go through and double check and make sure that I am in SD and give it another go.

While I was messing with it today I decided to put the tune that was on it back on and just mess with it from that point instead of making several changes and getting myself confused. the car has always had an idle hang issue that I cant seem to figure out. the car sat for a few hours and cooled off, I start the car up and it idles good, let it warm up and do a short cruise, in neutral I can blip the throttle and it acts normal. I shut the car off for about 5 min and start it back up without changing anything and now anytime you touch the throttle at all, even barely the car revs to 2k and hold for about 2-3 seconds then idles back down. Sometimes it will rev and hang all by itself without touching the throttle. it only seems to do it when its up to temp. I messed with a few things, did a TPS and IAC relearn on it just incase, looking at the logs it seems that when it does it the car commands a IAC count of 400, as soon as it does it hits 400 is when the idle drops. So which table can I look to see what this issue is? I have not downloaded RussK config but I am planning on it if its not something obvious that your guys can see

here is a log and the tune that I currently have in the car, like I said I just loaded the stock tune back in it and adjusted the idle park/drive timing tables to match closer to the main table.

the first log is the warmup and cruise, the second log shows the throttle hang issue
    Last edited by 1992-25th; 07-31-2014 at 03:59 PM.