Thread: Help guide me in the right direction.

Help guide me in the right direction.

OK I am pretty new to tuning and just want to make sure I am on the right path with a car that just came in.

car is a 2002 Camaro, LS6, M6 car, just got the thing hooked up and went tostart logging to begin VE and MAF tuning and the car is not showing any STFT or LTFT. Now both of the stock NB's are plugged in with my wideband in its own bung. Both narrow bands are reading off, one looks dead and is hanging around 400mv and the other bounces between 700-800mv but is pretty flat also.

So I am assuming that because both o2's are dead is the reason its not logging STFT or LTFT? the car has had a tune in it before so maybe there is something in the tune I am missing? thanks for the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Put the car back in closed loop.

Go to Engine>Fuel>Open&Closed Loop>Closed Loop enable:
    set that table back to the stock temps.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

That is the only file I have for the car, where is the best place to find what the stock temps were in that table?

Quote Originally Posted by 1992-25th View Post
    That is the only file I have for the car, where is the best place to find what the stock temps were in that table?
    Try the tune repository http://www.hptuners.com/
    [email protected]

ok just flashed it with a stock temp table and still not showing either STFT or LTFT, and NB o2's and still flat lining?

ok just flashed it with a stock temp table and still not showing either STFT or LTFT, and NB o2's and still flat lining?
    Go to Engine>Fuel>Open&Closed Loop>Open Loop EQ ratio:
    Set the values from 140F to 284F back to stock.
    I highlighted it below for you. Just go back to the stock 02 file you got from the repository and highlight as I have done below and paste it to your file.
    eq1.JPG

Let the car idle for a minute, it may take some time before it goes into closed loop. Make sure to go into VCM scanner and reset your fuel trims as well.
    [email protected]

ok, STFT open loop is disabled should I enable it or leave it?

Leave it,

Post up your new tune so I can see what you changed.
    [email protected]

Are those stock injectors or aftermarket?
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 07-29-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    [email protected]

pretty sure they are FAST 36#, not sure on pump, car does not have an external regulator.

here is the modified tune with with the stock numbers plugged in those tables

I also noticed your AFR stoich is 14.27 as well when if its NA on pump gas should be 14.62857.

The spark tables will need some work as well from 400-1200 .60g/cyl down to 1.20 g/cyl.
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 07-29-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    [email protected]

I will change the stoich ratio as well as the injector data, I did know about the spark table but was kinda stuck with the fuel trim thing. I will give this a go and let see how it does, thank you for your help!

I will change the stoich ratio as well as the injector data, I did know about the spark table but was kinda stuck with the fuel trim thing. I will give this a go and let see how it does, thank you for your help!
    Try this for your injectors: Flow rate vs. KPA table
    36.71 36.95 37.27 37.51 37.64 38.07 38.13 38.44 38.63 38.94 39.00 40.06 41.54
    40.92 41.05 41.30 41.61

Set your spark table up like this below and make sure to copy the high over to the low octane. All I did was use the interpolate function but set it up like this.
    SPARK1.JPG
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 07-29-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    [email protected]

Ok I took he above advise and changed all that and started doing some part throttle logs starting to tune the MAF and the the fuel trim numbers are all over the place, STFT jump from 0 to -43 and LTFT dance all over also, the NB's still are not cycling at all, car is running way rich also here is a log I just took....

Ok I took he above advise and changed all that and started doing some part throttle logs starting to tune the MAF and the the fuel trim numbers are all over the place, STFT jump from 0 to -43 and LTFT dance all over also, the NB's still are not cycling at all, car is running way rich also here is a log I just took....
    No biggie with the fuel trims, its part of the tuning process.

Post up the tune file you used on that FT crazy hpl.

Are you trying to tune your VE in that post?

Also does this car have a cam or anything else you may have forgot to to mention?

Did you check for any DTC codes in the scanner?
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 07-30-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    [email protected]

yes I guess is should have mentioned that, its has a cam, owner is unsure of any specs, Fast 92 intake and TB, LT's, CAI. I had shut VE off and was running on just MAF in that post. Only DTC was an old one having to with power to the DLC. here is the tune file that was In the car when I took that

Did you buy the car in this state or did you make these adjustments? You have some DTC's disabled that looks like they were trying to mask something.
    [email protected]

Car was brought in this way. the only DTC's i messed with were with the MAF p0101,p0102,p0103 and set them to (2) while i was seeing how it ran with the MAF disabled

Car was brought in this way. the only DTC's i messed with were with the MAF p0101,p0102,p0103 and set them to (2) while i was seeing how it ran with the MAF disabled
    I wonder if it had a O2 issue before, resaon being some codes that I leave active were disabled.
    P0133
    P0134
    P0135
    P0153
    P0154
    P0155
    I would change these back to 1-Mil on second error

Tuning the Maf only is fine but only in certain circumstances where it is a Virtual VE table and stock. Your Ve table has a huge ridge and spike in it that could skew your data later on in your tuning.

I would tune the VE table first and get that table panned out. Then move to tuning your MAF.

The other thing I noticed was that your target idle speed is 925rpm in park and 900rpm in gear but your actual idle speed is around 1000-1200rpms and not reaching anywhere near your target. Sometimes big cams will bounce around +/- the target speed or if the over/under is aggressive. Could be a vaccum leak of some sort.

Also when you log like that, you need to let it run for at least 5 mins or so if safe, to get some more cell hits and data. 2 mins will not be enough unless you see something that is detrimental like knock, overly rich, or it stalls. Sometimes it takes a little longer for the O2's to heat up if using extentsions and takes longer for the car to go into closed loop. Your LTFT are not that bad, the STFT are rich. Make sure to reset your fuel trims in the scanner at the begining once you start logging and let it run for a minimum 5 mins. Do not do a bunch of quick revs, keep the throttle steady as you log whether you do MAF or VE. If you are going to use LTFT for either VE or MAF, make sure your cell hits are at least 5 or more.

If still no change then do this below.
    Check your connections to your O2 sensors and wires if they continue to not switch. Try swapping them to see if one is truly off or you can purchase new ones. Just make sure if you replace one, replace the other at the same time.

You need to fix your Spark tables in park and drive as well. Here is how you can set them up below.
    base spark in park.JPG base spark in drive.JPG

This should be enough to get you on the right path. Good luck
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 07-30-2014 at 10:35 PM.
    [email protected]