Thread: Can someone please make me a base map to start with?

Tuner in Training

Can someone please make me a base map to start with?

A friend of mine is helping me out by getting my jeep going. I am trying to get a decent tune in it so I can take it out and test it since the chassis and everything is new. Is there anyone on here that could possibly help me by making a base tune for us to start with?

I am running a 2003 LQ4 that is .030 over (369ci) with LQ9 pistons. The compression is about 10.15:1. Everything else is stock except a valve job, lightened rotating assembly, and a cam 227/240 .615"/.588" 111+3 LSA. I am running a TH400 and a dana 20 transfer case. I also have 60lb injectors. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you for you time.

BTW we will be tuning this in speed density because of the limited amount of room for a filter I can not run a MAF

Many people don't mind answering a questions to nudge someone along, helping those whom help themselves, but don't care to write full tunes for members for free.
    I won't say that you're not going to get the help you're asking for, but if you don't, I would recommend getting familiar with the information provided for you in the sticky section up top. Set it up to fail the MAF and try to start it, look at your DTC's to make sure the MAF failed before you try to tune it. Make global changes to your VE table to get youself in the ballpark. Warm it up to full operating temp and tune it at full temp.
    Then update to the 1-bar SD enhanced OS.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Many people don't mind answering a questions to nudge someone along, helping those whom help themselves, but don't care to write full tunes for members for free.
    I won't say that you're not going to get the help you're asking for, but if you don't, I would recommend getting familiar with the information provided for you in the sticky section up top. Set it up to fail the MAF and try to start it, look at your DTC's to make sure the MAF failed before you try to tune it. Make global changes to your VE table to get youself in the ballpark. Warm it up to full operating temp and tune it at full temp.
    Then update to the 1-bar SD enhanced OS.
    I completely agree with you I was just hoping someone wouldn't mind. I figured it was a long shot but because I am in a time crunch I figured I would ask. I am trying to get a hold of my friend and have him send me the tune he had in it last night so I can ask you guys to look at it. Last night we had it on the dyno but it was running out of fuel (old stock injectors) so I am throwing some 60lb injectors in that my friend bought new but never used. Hopefully that fixes that problem. My main concern is no matter what we do the thing will not idle. Since I am not the one that was trying to tune it I cant really describe why. I can say it either idles steady at 1,500 rpms or you have to play with the pedal to keep it idling. We are starting to wonder if the IAC is screwing with things or if its something he is missing. He usually tunes with megasquirt so he is trying to help me out with HP Tuners since he has used it from time to time before. I was hoping to find someone that wouldn't mind giving us something to start with but like I said I figured it would be a long shot.

This whole jeep has been 2.5 years in the making so I am sure you can understand that I am excited to drive this.