Thread: P2101 TPS Fault Query - Safety Mode After Hi-Flow Cats Fitted?

P2101 TPS Fault Query - Safety Mode After Hi-Flow Cats Fitted?

My car has been dropping into safety mode alot and I cant really work out why it reports the TPS Motor Performance etc message. Ive done alot of reading on the million things it could be.

I doubt its the TPS.

My question surrounds the fact this really has only happened since the Hi-Flow cats were fitted....... I'm wondering if the idle airflow min table poses a link to the TPS?

I dont have a cam so I haven't changed it, the MAF and VE are close to spot on...... Would adding the hi flows alter the idle min or do you think perhaps it really is just a hardware issue and I should go diagnosing.

I haven't messed with the TPS/TAC table at all.... It may just need cleaning, but do you think I should look at the idle airflow min, Ive never really worked out how to adjust it correctly.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 07-29-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Went hunting on the forums...... so I found the TPS tolerance setting in the engine diag area, bumped it 50% (from 8% to 12%) to see if that will help, I suppose if it doesn't I'll take the car somewhere to have it diagnosed or buy a new Throttle Body.

I made some other adjustments to the other diagnostic things P101 etc recommended by others. I'll see if it does it when I go home from work, went into safety 3 times this morning.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.