Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyno feature?

Any chance of having a play with that SE?

I have been just playing with basic cals to chart some of my runs, nothing as refined as yours.

Everyone loves to see results on an easy to read chart.

Love your work Soundengineer....
    2006 HSV Dealer Team - Club Sport - Daily Driver
    Custom suspension, Custom dual stainless 3" exhaust, 1 7/8 custom ceramic headers, LS3 416ci, 2.3 Lt SC 13psi, Triple Carbon Extreme clutch, Dual Walbro externals, 80lb inj

I'm planning on going to a dyno in the very near future(with the next week or two) to do a final test...
    my known values of drum weight on the dyno and moment of inertia from the manufacturer will help me finalize my math

I'm not planning on passing it out till I have it made into an Executable file...

or if I can convince HPT to incorporate it into the software possibly....
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer View Post
    I'm planning on going to a dyno in the very near future(with the next week or two) to do a final test...
    my known values of drum weight on the dyno and moment of inertia from the manufacturer will help me finalize my math

I'm not planning on passing it out till I have it made into an Executable file...

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if its CLOSE to accurate on actual HP TQ... more concerned about being able to see gains without paying for a dyno session or going to a track (3hours away)

This is gonna be great for ALOT of us!!!

WE APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!
    Last edited by one_bad_ls1; 03-01-2010 at 11:22 PM.

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

I've been working on this dam thing for about a year and a half now...
    I incorporated weather calculations to get to a corrected value so you can get the same value on different days
    it corrects for tire size, gear ratios...
    it will tell you the best shift rpm for your current setup...and yes sometimes it varies slightly per gear thanks to gear multiplication ratios
    -Scott -

I incorporated weather calculations to get to a corrected value so you can get the same value on different days
    it will tell you the best shift rpm for your current setup...and yes sometimes it varies slightly per gear thanks to gear multiplication ratios
    man you are really putting alot of effort into this!!!! you have me extremely excited now, lol... Its nice to have someone so talented provide us with tools like this!!!

your the man!

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

Depending on how many assumptions you want to make and the accuracy of your calculation, of course. You can be as simple as a guess in your head with high uncertainty to detailed in the calculations and corrections to minimize uncertainty.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds pretty cool!
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Updates?

yes i know im impatient! Im just excited for you to get this done soundegineer!!

Potential Tuner

I know you said you dont plan on passing it out unless it is an EXE or incorporated into HPT. But I just thought I would ask if you would mind sending me the excel file you are using. It looks very well laid out and I am somewhat of a Excel super geek so I like seeing what other people are capable of. If not I completely understand.

Quote Originally Posted by adam205348 View Post
    I know you said you dont plan on passing it out unless it is an EXE or incorporated into HPT. But I just thought I would ask if you would mind sending me the excel file you are using. It looks very well laid out and I am somewhat of a Excel super geek so I like seeing what other people are capable of. If not I completely understand.

that would be a big negatory.....
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by adam205348 View Post
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    I'm a computer ingeneer (.Net C#).

Bill give me an API (dll) which can access to the hptuners box and to the different value in real time (mph, rpm, ...) and I make it for you !

I'd really like to develop a drag racing simulator with hptuners, it's quite easy !

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Bill give me an API (dll) which can access to the hptuners box and to the different value in real time (mph, rpm, ...) and I make it for you !

I'd really like to develop a drag racing simulator with hptuners, it's quite easy !
    I hope you aren't trying to refer to me, I don't even know what an API is lol.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I hope you aren't trying to refer to me, I don't even know what an API is lol.
    lol !

um...no...and no...

and its not "quite easy"
    writing the software part might be easy...coming up with the math and the process to make it correct is not..

I've spent about a year and a half perfecting the math and features for my worksheet I'm building...and I have a software developer in mind to help me turn it into an executeable software that I can distribute without worrying about it being changed by umpteen amounts of people because its just an excel spreadsheet right now

I'm still doing some fine tuning and testing...right now theres lots of variables to account for for it to be accurate
    all kinds of weather variables....
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    it's easy de develop a drag simulator. (RT, 1/8 & 1/4, miles times.)
    I just need the odometer and the vehicule speed information ! (odb2 info)

(the hp and tq simulator requires complex modelisation)

It could be a great tool to compare a mod or a tune !
    For example with a such tool you can compare 50-100 times in 4th gear.

For real hp/tq ... there's a great tool for that : it's called a dyno
    Last edited by Brice; 03-22-2010 at 09:42 AM.

it's easy de develop a drag simulator. (RT, 1/8 & 1/4, miles times.)
    I just need the odometer and the vehicule speed information ! (odb2 info)

(the hp and tq simulator requires complex modelisation)

It could be a great tool to compare a mod or a tune !
    For example with a such tool you can compare 50-100 times in 4th gear.

For real hp/tq ... there's a great tool for that : it's called a dyno
    yes.... and I'm developing a dyno based n detailed info from the OBD2 info...
    does the same thing a dyno does...calculates difference in speed over difference in time....a complex math... spits out a result, graphs it, and if you enter in your gears I can calculate the best shift point for your vehicles setup to maintain the best possible Horsepower.
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    yes.... and I'm developing a dyno based n detailed info from the OBD2 info...
    does the same thing a dyno does...calculates difference in speed over difference in time....a complex math... spits out a result, graphs it, and if you enter in your gears I can calculate the best shift point for your vehicles setup to maintain the best possible Horsepower.
    great ! Do you use the hptuners box to connect to the odb2 ?

I've quickly experimented it this afternoon, I'm able to connect to the box via c#. Next step tomorrow : get odb2 information from the car . Then a nice wpf application.

I wish i was as talented with that stuff as you guys are... did you guys do schooling for this kind of thing or what???

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_ls1 View Post
    I wish i was as talented with that stuff as you guys are... did you guys do schooling for this kind of thing or what???
    Hptuners seems to use a FTDI Chip (2).

Btw, I've got $3700 licenses in the hptuners box.
    And I'm really afraid to erase something in my R&D.
    Is Hptuners okay to have a third party application using the hptuners hardware? Can I have support from the developpement team ? I can share and give my source code to hptuners.
    I just want to read odbII things. (rpm and mph basicly).

I can buy specific FTDI Odb2 stuff for my development, but the hptuners customer could'nt use it ...

Here is my 2 hours developpement result :
    I can interact with the hptuners box. Now I want to connect to a vehicule and get the informations.

The goal is a user interface with 2 record modes :
    -Drag Race Mode (from a stop), 1/8,1/4, 1 mile
    -Interval acceleration (between 2 speed mph or km/h)

and a reporting interface (times, ...)

it's a 5 developpement days for me to release the product.

A friend of mine just bought a sct livewire for his mustang. It's really pissing me off that my super hp tuner scanner can't monitor performance.
    Should I buy a sct livewire or a gtech ? no I want to develop it by myself and bring it to my hptuner community !

It could be a bad ass fun tools !
    I have customers who want to measure before / after tune improvement on the street.
    Here's one of them : (Previous Predator Tune vs My Tune ('corvette circus'))
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cedwat2#p/a/u/2/Boy7Zi0_veM

02-17-2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We here you.
    I bumped it up on the priority list.
    Last edited by Brice; 03-31-2010 at 09:19 AM.