Thread: 3800 v6 KR spikes under cruise

Tuner

3800 v6 KR spikes under cruise

Curious in why this is happening as pictured and seen in scan attached. Un touched timing tables where this KR is happening. PE is set to 20% so I know it is getting extra fuel when this happens during cruise, mainly when giving it extra throttle and staying locked in OD. I do not have an egr so is this a culprit?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads
    PB-------12.3 @ 110.......312hp/350tq

Tuner in Training
    you should never be in PE when you are cruising. also if the converter is staying locked you need to adjust your lock and unlock tables for the transmission as the extra load is likely causing the KR. EGR should not have anything to do with it.
    - 2001 Grand Prix XGT -- 11.57@122MPH
    - 2010 Chevy 2500HD LTZ -- Car hauler
    - 2011 BMW 328i Xdrive -- Wife's Daily
    - 2008 Ford F350 -- Under powered Pile O' Shit work truck

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G_P_K View Post
    you should never be in PE when you are cruising. also if the converter is staying locked you need to adjust your lock and unlock tables for the transmission as the extra load is likely causing the KR. EGR should not have anything to do with it.
    I should have stated any TPS over 20% is PE. I have a zzp pcm that has been modified but I could have sworn the TCC tables were stock when compared to a stock file.
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNED View Post
    I should have stated any TPS over 20% is PE. I have a zzp pcm that has been modified but I could have sworn the TCC tables were stock when compared to a stock file.
    does the car still act the same if you hit the gas hard enough to get the car to unlock the TTC? if you dont have any knock in that scenario i would say it is definately related to the TTC lock and unlock tables. i would modify the tables so that the TTC will unlock at a lower throttle input to help you with this issue.

Max out the EGR min IAT table. Since there is no EGR spark table in the editor, the PCM may be adding EGR spark advance even though you don't have an EGR valve.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G_P_K View Post
    does the car still act the same if you hit the gas hard enough to get the car to unlock the TTC? if you dont have any knock in that scenario i would say it is definately related to the TTC lock and unlock tables. i would modify the tables so that the TTC will unlock at a lower throttle input to help you with this issue.
    If I hit the gas hard enough it does come out of TCC and is fine. I understand there is so much timing you want but not a popcorn maker amount in the higher tp% staying in TCC.

I have attached (stock/left) vs in car (right)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Max out the EGR min IAT table. Since there is no EGR spark table in the editor, the PCM may be adding EGR spark advance even though you don't have an EGR valve.

Russ Kemp
    Put this to 284? Where it states -40?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PWNED; 07-29-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    02 Regal GS

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNED View Post
    If I hit the gas hard enough it does come out of TCC and is fine. I understand there is so much timing you want but not a popcorn maker amount in the higher tp% staying in TCC.

I have attached (stock/left) vs in car (right)

Put this to 284? Where it states -40?
    looks right to me. i didnt know that about the EGR. thats good info from Russ