Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't upload new tune to ECU

Tuner in Training

Question Can't upload new tune to ECU

I bought year/model for 1999 Trans Am when choosing credits. but when I go to up load the new tune I'm told that I don't have enough credits. I checked the VCM to check the Vin # and serial # but the Vin # is ok but the serial # has all YYYYYYYY's. why is that? and how can I up load the new tune? The car has been tuned before I bought it and I changed some stuff and want to change the tune. Any help will be appreciated. and thanks for taking the time to look.
    Ken

You should take a screen shot and copy of the log and email support.

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Cyrperformance I have already did that. That's how I know what I have. I have bought a new PCM. I'm going to start over.
    Ken

Tuner in Training
    Is there anyone that Tunes GM cars that live Close to Cheraw SC that is willing to let me watch you tune a few cars if I come to you. I just want to speed up my skills of tuning. I have a GMC Sonoma I'm putting a 6.0 in. and a Trans Am with a 6.0 engine already done except the tuning. I have my own HPTuner, I just want to watch and learn what I can. I will be bracket racing the Sonoma. and I will put your name on the truck. Maybe we can work together. I build engines and transmissions. I just want to tune my own at the tracks. If you are interested email me @ [email protected] and lets talk about it. Thanks Ken
    Ken

What's the OS ID? Having the OS ID corrupt screws it all up. I'm trying to remember if an open license will allow you to write to it or if you have to have someone with a TechII flash a good OS into it. Support will tell you. Let us know. I could use the reminder.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Senior Tuner
    You have to have an unlimited or year/model license to write to pcm with vcm id corrupt. A single license locks itself to the pcm id. A year/model license allows use of any file within the correct letters in vin for year and type, vcm id is ignored.

Thought so. Luckily it's been a while
    Thanks.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    Mecanicman, When I get to write calibration only, and click Begin, it goes to Add License, I click on commit and at the bottom of my screen says that I'm disconnected. and it stops. which way do I need to go? Bill @ HPTuners says I bought year/model so I should be able to tune my PCM. How do I add a tune to my thread? I will post mine. Thanks Ken
    Ken

Senior Tuner
    email me the file, ill pm address

Tuner in Training

Can't upload tune to ECU

Here is my tune. If you can open it maybe you can see what my problem is. I have tried to load a new tune but it keeps saying I don't have credits. I have year/model. what am I doing wrong trying to upload the tune? What steps should I take to be able to load it in this ECU? thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ken

Senior Tuner
    I was able to open, manipulate, and save. VCM ID is not present and its 1 bar custom o/s. You sure you have a 99 fbody year/model license?

I have had several situations similar to what you describe. I usually unplug from OBD port and USB, turn key off then after about 30 seconds or so I plug everything back in, key on and hit begin and it will usually go. Hope it helps.

Senior Tuner
    Here is what I suggest you do. Go to HPT customer home page, download and install the software available to you. At the same time send yourself your applications key. Once software is installed check application key, if it does not match enter the one hpt emailed to you. Plug hpt cable into computer but not car. Press the white bubble with the I in it at the top. Press the same button again on the next window that pops up. Once thats done close the window, load your file, and see if it works.

Tuner in Training
    Mecanicman. when I go to home page to down load, do I go to customer center and down load VCM Suite 2.24. or what? Thanks for your help.
    Ken

Since the 1 bar map os has been applied, you will need to use 2 credits to license the enhanced os before you can write entire. Or go back to your stock os if you don't want to use the 2 credits.

Russ Kemp

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JKC1966 View Post
    Mecanicman. when I go to home page to down load, do I go to customer center and down load VCM Suite 2.24. or what? Thanks for your help.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Since the 1 bar map os has been applied, you will need to use 2 credits to license the enhanced os before you can write entire. Or go back to your stock os if you don't want to use the 2 credits.

Russ Kemp
    If he has year/model I believe custom o/s are included. If not they are free in the latest 2.24

Tuner in Training
    Cyrperformance, Thanks for the help, But Bill @ HPTuners told me to try that all so. but no luck.
    Ken

Tuner in Training
    I'm down loading the new VCM Suite now. and I'll try to up load the tune. I'm New to Tuning. Thank God there's people out there that want's to help the beginners. Thank everyone for the information.
    Ken

Tuner in Training
    mecanicman, I did the down load of VCM Suite 2.24 and went out to my car and uploaded the tune in the car I think. How will I know when it is finished and what tune is in the car? I waited about 15 min. any way you were right about the new software because it didn't ask about the credits. It said I had a new OS number if I remember correctly. but it went through the process and said it would be finished in 31 sec but that was all it did. Thank you again
    Ken

Senior Tuner
    There's a glitch in the new software where the write window disappears, you have to click to find it. Did you press begin?