SLP lid
    stock MAF
    ported 243 heads
    .600" cam
    102 throttle body
    LS2 intake
    LS2 injectors
    1 7/8" headers

Engine wants to stall when putting in park, but only sometimes, usually after hard acceleration. It's commanding a very high desired airflow number after coming to a stop. The PCM doesn't even try to save it from stalling, it waits like 1 second then adds air and timing, then commands a crazy high airflow number to keep from stalling. I'm not sure if it's the 102 throttle body or maybe a 98 thing. I'm also going to try running is SD only and see what happens. My personal car is a 99 TA with a similar setup and does not have this issue, however I am running a stock throttle body.

"Almost stall" shows normal desired airflow in drive, then I put it in park, it almost stalls then finally decides to try to save, then dumps a shit-ton of air.
    "stall" shows similar to "almost stall" but does not react in time and it stalls
    "TA road test almost stall" at ~ 2:06 shows a very large desired airflow number before putting in park, then it almost stalls. The desired airflow numbers are showing pretty crazy throughout. I know I have very high cracked numbers but that should disable before coming to a stop.

IDK, I've never seen this before. Please help.

98 trans am Ron modded 4.hpt
    almost stall.hpl
    stall.hpl
    ta road test almost stall.hpl
    Last edited by GPGTP; 07-24-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Senior Tuner
    Timing tables dont match from high octane to park to in gear and overall values are high. over/under tables could use a little work. Run the russ K idle config from cold in gear and again in park, hard to say for sure without actual cam specs but airflow values look a little low.

Advanced Tuner
    spark is not the issue, it's an airflow issue. Spark is within 3 degrees of each other, hardly a problem. The over and under work just fine for recovery. Its an issue with transition to park. I have almost the exact same tune in my 99 and never had this issue.

Airflow numbers are low because while running in gear and park those are the values the computer wants.

Why doesn't the computer even attempt to keep from stalling? Timing doesn't go up and neither does airflow for like 1 second.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    spark is not the issue, it's an airflow issue. Spark is within 3 degrees of each other, hardly a problem. The over and under work just fine for recovery. Its an issue with transition to park. I have almost the exact same tune in my 99 and never had this issue.

Airflow numbers are low because while running in gear and park those are the values the computer wants.

Why doesn't the computer even attempt to keep from stalling? Timing doesn't go up and neither does airflow for like 1 second.
    So, after further investigation I discovered the problem is the 102mm throttle body. Apparently the IAC is too small. What 90mm throttle body have you guys had good luck tuning?