Thread: 4l60e Hard Drive Engagement

Advanced Tuner

4l60e Hard Drive Engagement

I am still chasing why the trans just hammers into reverse from drive. It is also pretty firm from reverse to drive but not aaaas bad. The truck is a 2000 Silverado with a cammed 5.3 so the idle is about 200 rpm above stock. I do have a 4.8 converter which has a 200 rpm higher stall than a 5.3. I already tried adjusting the Force Motor Positive table as per RussK from another thread. I guess I don't know if I want to keep adjusting up the force motor table further into the commanded line pressure columns. Is there another table hidden in the ECM that affects the park to reverse/reverse to drive/drive to reverse, etc? And actually as I am writing this, I have to search about the Force Motor Negative.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Well I adjusted the Force Motor Negative and that didn't make a difference either. Im pretty sure I just broke the pinion on the rearend. Today I'll have to pull the cover and see what happened. So hopefully someone can figure this out before I put new gears in.

Eric

Advanced Tuner
    Well I found a few tables in EFIlive that seem to be what I think would help? Am I just an idiot and cant find these in hptuners? In EFIlive it d1501 to d1505.

Eric

Tuner in Training
    What are the tables you are referring to in EFI Live? Did you find anything broken in the rear end? Depending on how many miles the unit has, it could be valve body or separator plate wear. Is it throwing any DTC's? If not, most likely it's something physically worn/broken inside the unit. I guess it could have a bad connection somewhere or faulty solenoid.