Thread: Everyone Look - WOT With VE Zeroed. Please Explain This......

Everyone Look - WOT With VE Zeroed. Please Explain This......

So I'll summarise and then look at the scan.

E38, 6.0 V8
    Custom OS
    VE Completely Zeroed Out (All 3 Tables)
    MAF
    Open Loop

Dynamic RPM Disable: 400rpm
    Dynamic RPM Re-Enable: 390rpm

Start the car....... VE reports zero as I expect under normal driving..... then all of a sudden around 2800rpm upwards with a bit of throttle or WOT - VE suddenly has numbers and it matches dynamic.....

The reason I'm querying this is because I beleive this is throwing out my WOT tuning for VE or MAF........ So now I'm looking at seeing if zeroing dynamic help keeps Dynamic or VE at zero of if again it will produce numbers.

I'm trying to ENSURE no other numbers effect fueling so I want to see ZERO to ensure my MAF tuning etc is spot on.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 07-24-2014 at 02:38 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Advanced Tuner
    You are in maf only above 400rpm. Whatever numbers you put on ve tables are skipped...

Quote Originally Posted by ingsteve View Post
    You are in maf only above 400rpm. Whatever numbers you put on ve tables are skipped...
    I will ignore the noob comment and continue.

so i zeroed out all the dynamic as well and again at wot there are numbers in dynamic and ve which again arnt matching maf even atleast.

see attached
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the noob.
    I didn't open your log, will do later.
    why don't you tune mafless to have values in line to what you are targeting at wot?
    After that if you come back to maf only you know that ve tables are not the issue.
    Last edited by ingsteve; 07-25-2014 at 02:02 AM.

Being a programmer i suspect this is a custom os bug whereby the original sd tables must be present not that you see them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    Being a programmer i suspect this is a custom os bug whereby the original sd tables must be present not that you see them.
    BigDaddyCool , mate there is a lot of KR in there im using me E38 cfg....i would take care of that KR first dude..as you know man should be zero every load point..by the look of the MAF do you tend to run her on the lean side a tad
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 07-26-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Honestly, i had a professional tune done and he took out like 8-14 degree's of timing and there was still knocking when i removed his silencing of the knock sensors so atm knock is not what this thread is about.

its about the scanner showing numbers in dynamic and VE different to the maf when they have had all their tables zero'd out and disabled. I am frustrated because im sure its whats causing the issue with wot fueling changes on a maf only tune!
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 07-26-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    VE correction factor ?.... 0 rpm disable....I'm only asking ......How far out is the fueling on W.O.T?....lean or rich ?...

4-6% and i get the feeling around 2800-3000rpm at a set throttle spot the car beings to look more to some sort of ve or dynamic calc which overrides the maf tuning at that point.

then after 4000 where it is supposed to read maf only 'for sure' it seems to lean on a ve which now doesn't exist?

I'm still evaluating but yes i have dynamic disabled

The reason i began looking is because i know where my ve is lean or rich when i did mafless, running maf only i noticed a strange pattern.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 07-27-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post

then after 4000 where it is supposed to read maf only 'for sure' it seems to lean on a ve which now doesn't exist?
    not that it helps explain why those numbers match over 4000rpm which is strange... change all values in your VE tables to something like 5000. Then see if that effects anything at all. At least that way you know if the VE table that is visible is, or isnt, doing anything.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires