Thread: 5.3/4l60e commanded shift but not shifting

Tuner in Training

5.3/4l60e commanded shift but not shifting

5.3l Yukon engine with 4l65 from a silverado swapped to a jeep. This is perplexing me. Based on my logs it looks like the transmission is being commanded to shift but it is not shifting immediately or at all. I can command the solenoids using vcm scanner and hear them click.

When I had the pan off I felt like I had a little more trouble than expected installing the filter neck to the pump, normal? Contributing factor?

lowered shift speeds.hpl
    5.3 v1.5.hpt

For some reason the config for the log is not showing the right graphs, this config should show them
    config.cfg
    Last edited by Hoooper; 07-24-2014 at 09:37 AM.

I am no expert but the only differences I see between stock 4L65E and yours Attachment 45600Attachment 45601Attachment 45602Attachment 45603

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I dont have or plan to use a performance switch and I have the converter set to lock up in 2nd since the vehicle is by no means a performance vehicle and has much deeper gears than the Silverado ss so might as well benefit from the low speed lockup. I don't see either of those contributing to the issue though.

I am not getting any codes related to the transmission.

Tuner in Training
    updated first post with a config that shows the gear indication, output RPM, shift time, etc.

Senior Tuner
    go for a drive using the above config. use the special functions in the scanner, every time you hit 3000 rpm shift to the next gear manually(start with 1st commanded). Post the log. I think your digging into your trans............

Tuner in Training
    You mean use the scanner shift functions to shift manually? In the image below, I would hit the 1st gear button, then drive it up to 3k rpm and hit the 1-2 shift button?

Last edited by Hoooper; 07-24-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Yes

Tuner in Training
    will do and report back.

On a side note, I do not know how long this transmission was sitting before I installed it. Could easily have been months and it was dry for the most part. Is sticking in the valve body likely?

Tuner in Training
    Update: The band somehow was not anchored, so 2nd didnt apply ever (of course) and 4th applied only under light throttle and quickly burned up those clutches. After my rebuild the shifting is all good.

Glad to hear you worked it out, sad to hear full rebuild was the solution.

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown