Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please tell me what is going on!!

Going to see what I set wrong in the histogram.

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

So it looks like the top axis is reading RPM, but I don't see why. The table is MAF airflow vs output freq. Please be gentle with the lashings.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    The nice thing about histograms is as long as you scan the data in table view, you can change the histogram in the log anyway you want it at any point. Quick and dirty way, use the config the way I previously mentioned. Edit histogram 4, click row and column tab, change primary ve table to maf airflow vs output frequency. Then you will be logging stft in maf. Next time, drive a little bit after restarting truck, you started log after just starting. o2 sensors not hot enough to cycle and bad data. Watch the 02 sensor, once they oscilate slow down to 10mph, stop log, carry out previous instructions, start log and continue.

Watch the histogram, you were very bouncy in the last log, the yellow cell should move forward one cell at a time, not go back and forth.

Load this tune and repeat with the above mentioned information, this is correction number 1.

I will not be able to look again tonight, will be tomorrow afternoon before I can check log.

I drove for around 15 mins got on highway then off exit, reset everything and did the TCC and third then rolling about 10 started log. truck was very bucky till it got around 35. Prior to 35 it just kept falling on its face then coming back then falling.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

This is correct per your instructions? I just learned it will add the data as long as it was logged, that is what you referenced.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Correct. I said bad data, I used the data 3200 up, made for good data above that as demonstrated by your new maf curve.. Forgot your using power maf, so it starts lower and you won't get to 8500 without lot more speed. Try again with new instructions, should work out well.

I hate to even post this to you but that was impossible to get the bar to stay steady, the truck just kept falling on its face and if I stayed at the same throttle position for more than a couple seconds it would almost come down to 1000 rpm from wherever it was, 2000, 3000, took about 3 hrs just to get this and it wants to get into boost really quick. Not sure where to go from here.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

And the IAT temp starts around 104 when I cold start and just creeps up to 124-133. Again I did about 25 miles of highway to get them as low as I could before each time.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

As bad as your STFT's are on your MAF scale, you should be able to add 10% across the board on your maf to at least make it more drivable and not so lean starting out. Rerun, and if its still adding +20%, you've got other issues. However if its only ~ 10% off on average across the scale after you've added the 10%, you're making progress.

Just looked at your tune.....don't be afraid to use the smooth button a couple of times after you make your changes on the MAF or VE.

okay will give that a try. Adding the 10% to the maf calibration then rerun. Doing so will tell the VCM that there needs to be more fuel correct?

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

That seemed to be a little easier to run but still has a flat dead spot where the LC-2 gauge reads 20-22 right around 2250Hz no matter where the pedal position is.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Try this Config out. Your wideband is added, but you'll probably still need to make a few changes. It'll give you flexibility to do both maf and ve using both stft's and ltfts out of one config when you're ready for either. Do a longer run for me, I'm noticing your narrowbands are switching higher than they should, but i need more data to verify right or wrong. I'm assuming you're only doing part throttle tuning right now, so go for a ride around town and what not with some smooth gradual pulls. If possibly, enable your LTFT's, i generally make my changes based on LTFT's since they are less dramatic, and then reference my STFT's in my area's of missing data to justify change. The more you use them, the more you tend to use both back and forth. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ranger6202; 07-28-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Changes dont seem to be doing anything, 10% looks same as before. Not understanding why your having so much trouble, I usually do this twice and have all 0's. Ill look through the tune again to make sure I didnt miss anything.

Okay, the weird thing is I can unplug the MAF and it runs okay drive ability wise just falls off on top end. I did post the sheet from LPE for the new MAF which is the only thing I can think. Basically what you said is it doesn't really change when I add or subtract from the frequency table. Here is the stock file, LPE spreadsheets but it won't let me post the PDF cause file size is to big. When I spoke with them They instructed me to use the Numbers in this sheet, which I did the conversion to Grams I think. SO LOST!!

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

When you unplug your MAF, are you re-enabling Speed Density via the tune, or just plain unplugging the MAF and not touching the tune?

Just unplugging it

I like the idea of having the MAF in place because we travel from florida to Connecticut and from what I have read the majority says it is sketchy on SD when you do large elevation changes

I'm not saying leave it undone forever. When you are tuning for the MAF or VE, you have to disable the other in the tune. So if you were tuning the MAF and then just unplugged it without the Speed Density enabled in the tune......i couldn't tell you how it would work. But trying to tune one with the other enabled is just chasing your tail.

Well I was trying to tune it exactly the way Greg shows in the video, along with disabling under editor I made sure that I did the VCM controls just as an extra measure. I am only unplugging the MAF when my wife needs to run to the store, then plugged right back in to tune MAF.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L