Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please tell me what is going on!!

Angry Can someone please tell me what is going on!!

I have been at this since Sunday and the tune is getting worse and worse. I am following CPIG's HPTuners vehicle tuning guide step 2.1. I have logged the STFT's just as described and they will not fall inline. They seem to go + a lot then I adjust VE Table and log again and they go - a lot. 6.0LQ9 with MAF, turbo (5psi), 60# Siemen DEKA shorty injectors. Went from having good idle and drivability to absolute horrible idle (stalls most of the time) and sketchy drivability. Please help

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Here is the tune and two logs.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Are you aware you have to fail your maf to tune ve? And to tune maf you have to change settings? The way your tune is posted it cannot be tuned.

I made a copy of this when I stated and paste the differences to this one then drive to see where it is at. I followed the guide as to what to disable or fail sensors and when. This is the way it was to tune using wideband for STFT's

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    That is in fact your problem and why your tables look so messed up, your not failing the maf properly. I have modified your posted file for the two different tuning modes. Copy a stock ve table into the ve one and start over. You should have better success. I left the check engine light on on purpose, you will know you are in ve mode because it is on.

I was so frustrated with it that never crossed my mind, even after reading that in several different threads. I was just following the steps in the guide I have.
    Really wish I could have found a guide that was a little more up to date. This was posted July 2007

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Thank You very much!!!!

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Thanks for that but just turned on the Greg Banish DVD and right off the bat it is said the MAF must be calibrated first. So I will be spending quite a bit of time with this DVD and working with the truck. I will post back my success or failure. Thanks again.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Okay so I have watched the DVD about 3 times and WOW what a difference from what I thought I knew. Problem, I set up the injector data, did all the logging in Lambda which seems to make things so much easier, but as I start adjust the for the new MAFF (Lingenfelter 100mm) starting with the sheet they provide and it runs like a terd. Truck fired right up and idled so smooth then as I start driving it goes very lean like 17 if I give it any throttle over 25-30% it will max out the gauge and break up. Off the throttle and it will stay lean they go dead rich and back and fourth for about a minute or two if it doesn't stall.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Also if I simply unplug the MAF it will run better not great.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

I would be willing to pay for someone knowledgeable to help me, really not wanting to just give up and hand it over. I really want to know what I am doing wrong, probably alot.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Does your truck have boost referanced fuel pressure regulator, either stock or you added?

No regulator yet.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

No return either, has stock fuel system from tank to rails. Just the 60# injectors, which I hope the data is right.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Ok, I have modified your posted tune. It is set to delay PE, so drive with caution or dont load until you get to you testing destination. From your config, delete Mass Air Flow SAE, both ltft, and fuel trim cell.

Find a long stretch of straight road that is quiet. Have the tune I provided loaded, vehicle at operating temp, Not heat soaked. May be easiar to have a copilot. In special fuctions press clear fuel trims. Get escalade moving about 10mph, press 3rd gear in special fuctions and press tcc solenoid on. May buck a little. You have to be very gentle on the pedal to start. You want to very slowly accelerate, always under accel, no coast or decel. If something gets in your way stop log and start over. The faster you go the easiar it will be as the load on the truck will increase. The goal is not to make boost, very slow acceleration. Once you hit around 40 mph you can increase rate of accel a little. I would like to see this from around 3200 hz to 7500-8500, what ever you can safely do(may require 75mph speed to hit 8500). If you see knock retard or anything bad happening stop, but its relativly light load if you can avoid boost. Also, if you hit 25% stft stop.

Post the log and I will have a look.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 07-27-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Sweet, will do in short bit, heat soaked is the IAT temps correct? I know I usually see them around 160 which it takes a bit for them to come back down but will have someone keep an eye on everything. So just to be clear start log when everything is set and slowly run through the accelerator to mentioned HZ then stop log. No letting off pedal in log.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Correct on both questions. Obviously avoid road hazards, dont want to hear about a crash! But quiet road choice should enable to carry out the task.

So here is the log, I drove for quite a bit at highway speed to get the IAT temps to come down to about 125-7 and logged. If it is no good then I can redo it later tonight when it gets below 100.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

I think I see 1 big problem already, my histogram is not any where inline with the actual Hz reading in the table. What the monkey did I do.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L