Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optimum Power Load at WOT - Coyote

Optimum Power Load at WOT - Coyote

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this table right now....

Under Engine>Airflow>General>Optimum Power Load at WOT....

I noticed some tunes I've pulled have this left stock, and a few have the values lowered.... Example: At 4,500 RPM it is 1.04 Stock. I've seen a value as low as .90 at the same RPM on a tune.

It says it's The is the maximum calculated load when in optimum power mode. Is that making sure it hits Optimum Power tables sooner, or leaves off at that last know value in the Optimum Power Tables at that given value?

I seemed to have spun myself in circles and left myself confused when it's obviously a simple table. I know there are numerous other tables that reflect it, but I'm looking for the short and sweet of this table.
    Last edited by Gremlin85; 07-23-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

plus 1

Advanced Tuner
    Me too.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    are you talking about the enabling?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

This guy right here:

I'm trying to figure out why the values in that table are lowered sometimes depending on who tuned it. What's the reasoning behind changing these values? Is it necessary to make better power? Come on sooner? Torque nanny?

I'm good at confusing myself with new things.

OP.png
    Last edited by Gremlin85; 07-24-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    Total Masshole.
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD

Advanced Tuner
    I have left mine as Eric set it. I did notice it was different than stock but beyond that I have not looked into it...the car runs great with it set, so it's one of those things that I'll get to at some point once I've got most everything else figured out. I'm thinking these are starting to look much like the ls1's where you have a metric ton of sh!t you CAN change, but there are certain things you just don't need to regardless of setup. I've had stock and Eric's and stock and my tune open side by side in an attempt to compare and contrast and there are quite a few tables that are still stock values...like A LOT of them. They don't seem to be affecting anything at this point, so I've left them alone. Now w/ the changes I've got planned this winter, I may get into some of the things that are still stock. I have a cam change along w/ heads planned so we'll see how that all goes.

I don't know exactly what It means at this point, but I can tell you its different for the Truck 5.0, Boss 5.0, GT 5.0, and also the CJ 5.0 files....I would like to know more about this also.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    I don't know exactly what It means at this point, but I can tell you its different for the Truck 5.0, Boss 5.0, GT 5.0, and also the CJ 5.0 files....I would like to know more about this also.
    Cobra jet is close to my stock. My current is almost identical to boss. This table has me confused now.
    Last edited by schaid; 07-25-2014 at 06:42 AM.

several set points combined as a threshold will enable OP (optimum Performance) you can lower than table by say by .05 as i believe its set to .85 engine load to enable. but as mentioned there are several other thresholds are met over all to get you in OP.

I understand that there are several other thresholds.

SO it is correct to assume that lowering the values in this table is just one of the many ways to enter OP mode sooner?
    Total Masshole.

change the load all load values to .05 and and there is enable throttle % i would lower that as well.

Advanced Tuner
    So you're saying that lowering this table will help get into optimum power mode?

[ECM] Optimum Power Load at WOT vs. RPM: The is the maximum calculated load when in optimum power mode.

That is not how I read it. The way I read it is this is the max calc'd load the pcm can see...which doesn't make sense because I have logs of .98 air load and 100% of calc'd load.
    Last edited by schaid; 07-26-2014 at 01:42 PM.

^ i always lower it. and i see loads of 1.02 at times and always making over 400rwhp with just JLT intake and BBK catless pipes

Advanced Tuner
    Lowered it...didn't change anything. I was having an issue w/ spark dropping off to 0 on a shift @ redline. Spark was falling off to 0 and would slowly climb back up...changed that and only that...still had an issue. There was nothing else that I could find @ the 5500 area. The fix was to go back to stock spark tables and work forward. Back to where I was and now it doesn't drop off. Not exactly sure how or what I messed up but this table was not the fix.

something is wrong with your viVCT. can you log both banks 1.2 intake 1.2 exhaust

Advanced Tuner
    It's not vct. I've got the same exact vct settings I've had since I acquired the cj and tunes from reaper. I set spark to a tune I got from eb no problems, set spark to cj and chugs at 5500...that is LITERALLY the only thing changed. Like I said, I've got it fixed now, little less aggressive spark advance and problems are gone. I can show you the logs from yesterday that prove this. Sorry boss but you're wrong it's not vct that was causing my issue.

i am not saying the setting are causing it. log if you can both banks of intake and exhaust cams
    Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    It's not vct. I've got the same exact vct settings I've had since I acquired the cj and tunes from reaper. I set spark to a tune I got from eb no problems, set spark to cj and chugs at 5500...that is LITERALLY the only thing changed. Like I said, I've got it fixed now, little less aggressive spark advance and problems are gone. I can show you the logs from yesterday that prove this. Sorry boss but you're wrong it's not vct that was causing my issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Due to that being my first suspected issue area...I did. That was doing as it was told. I'm thinking I screwed up something between Borderline op and MBT op tables and the conflict caused the issue I had. As I stated, I went back to spark tables from my Brooks Speed tune and worked forward. Also did some more digging to get more definitions of what borderline and mbt means. Armed with a little more information I went back into my spark. Got everything worked out now.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    Due to that being my first suspected issue area...I did. That was doing as it was told. I'm thinking I screwed up something between Borderline op and MBT op tables and the conflict caused the issue I had. As I stated, I went back to spark tables from my Brooks Speed tune and worked forward. Also did some more digging to get more definitions of what borderline and mbt means. Armed with a little more information I went back into my spark. Got everything worked out now.
    I think most leave the MBT tables alone and modify the borderline tables. The exception being the Optimum Power table for both.

Advanced Tuner
    That was pretty much what I was discovering. For op...everything I did in bl, I did in mbt the second time around. If I could compare, I'd be able to tell exactly what I did that caused the issue in the first place. At this point all I can say is it's working very well now according to the method I just outlined...add to mbt op whatever I added to bl op.