Thread: problem with 4l60e lock up and calculated gear ratio

Potential Tuner

problem with 4l60e lock up and calculated gear ratio

Hi, I'm having problem with my tune I just bought a computer with 4.8l and 4l80e and change the it to a 6.0L and 4l60E I'm having problem with the lock up torque that won't come on and the calculated gear ratio that show 0 in 1,2and 3rd gear with the scanner and show .750 in 4th gear. Can someone look at the tune and scanner and tell me what I did wrong

thanks tune 6.0l 4l60e no lock up.hptscan 6.0L 4L60e.hpl

Tuner in Training
    That is odd? Have you tried committing your tire size and rear gear in the speedo table, to see if it will auto scale the trans tables again?

Advanced Tuner
    I realize this is a week old, but did you flip the switch from 4L80E to 4L60E? If so, that won't work. The 4L60E uses a different pinout on the harness and the logic within the PCM is slightly different. I know from experience going from a 4L60E to an 80 will result in strange / no shifting and odd lockup behaviour and I can only assume similar would happen the other way.

I would ensure the wiring is proper for whichever transmission you have installed, then contact support to have the appropriate segment installed in your file so you don't waste credits on a second file.

Potential Tuner
    I only realize I had to do a transmission segment swap after I posted this. After I received the segment swap from HP tuners I was able to get the proper calculated gear ratio, now the only problem I have is with the lock up torque that wont come one.

by the way I did change the wiring from a 4l80e to 4l60e
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    I realize this is a week old, but did you flip the switch from 4L80E to 4L60E? If so, that won't work. The 4L60E uses a different pinout on the harness and the logic within the PCM is slightly different. I know from experience going from a 4L60E to an 80 will result in strange / no shifting and odd lockup behaviour and I can only assume similar would happen the other way.

I would ensure the wiring is proper for whichever transmission you have installed, then contact support to have the appropriate segment installed in your file so you don't waste credits on a second file.

Potential Tuner
    Here's the new file with the segment swap but still no lock up

tune 6.0l 4l60e no lock up (2).hpt

Tuner in Training
    Can you see in a log where it is commanding lock-up?