Thread: wb02 options

wb02 options

I've just gotten my HPT Pro unit and bought some credits and backed up the stock tune file. I have a check engine light on right now, says bank1 is lean and it's always doing that because I added an air filter. I'm guessing the MAF needs calibrated now. I have tweaked VE and MAF tables way back in the day (megasquirt) but this HPT stuff is over my head.

I don't have a wideband yet but am looking at the Innovate UEGO sensor. Anyone know if it will play nice with HPT?

Also, is it possible to calibrate the MAF w/out a wb02? I want to be CEL free before I even think about tinkering with the tune.

Sorry if these are newb questions but I got my HPT second hand from the forum, so no paperwork or literature other than the help file in VCM Suite. It explains how to do plenty of stuff, but not the WHY part, so I'm having trouble following the logic of getting started.
    2006 Cobalt SS/SC 2.0 LSJ ~ No engine mods until I learn how to tune!!

Tuner in Training
    I don't have a wideband yet but am looking at the Innovate UEGO sensor. Anyone know if it will play nice with HPT?

Innovate stuff works good you have to set up the voltage offset in the logging software to match the display on the sensor sometimes. After you have the histograms it will be way easier to tune your car.

Also, is it possible to calibrate the MAF w/out a wb02? I want to be CEL free before I even think about tinkering with the tune.

I highly recommend a wideband for any tuning of fuel tables a stock narrow band can only tell you if your above or below 14.7 not how much above or below if it reads rich it could be 12.5 or 10.5 its too hard to tell by the cross counts.

Spend the time to learn the logging software before you change the tune its actually easier that megasquirt once you are used to it.

Just a side note, I am fairly new to HP and have the Innovative LC-2 and had it set to read AFR which is nice but as for calibrating I have found it is (in my opinion) so much easier to calibrate in Lambda. No figuring, if it reads 1.10 and your commanding 1.0, 10% add. So much easier.

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    Just a side note, I am fairly new to HP and have the Innovative LC-2 and had it set to read AFR which is nice but as for calibrating I have found it is (in my opinion) so much easier to calibrate in Lambda. No figuring, if it reads 1.10 and your commanding 1.0, 10% add. So much easier.
    Lambda also does not change w/ fuel types as well. 1.00 lambda is ideal idle for all fuels. e0-e100
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

schaid, are you saying the other types of sensors will read different AFR depending on what octane fuel? If so that's a pretty important factoid that I haven't heard before. I'm pretty sure the AEM style UEGO sensor aren't lambda. Any clarification on that would be appreciated!
    2006 Cobalt SS/SC 2.0 LSJ ~ No engine mods until I learn how to tune!!