Thread: P1516 REP with TBSS throttle body and X-link

P1516 REP with TBSS throttle body and X-link

Ok, just looking for some information. I've researched this quite a bit and most seem to think that the TBSS throttle body is causing the issue of "REP" and they have changed to a gold blade LS2 vette throttle body and everything seems to work. However, some say that its in the tune. Issue we are having is below 95% throttle, everything is great. Above that, code pops up and REP is activated.

Is the vette throttle body the fix or does the code need to be disabled to keep it from popping up? I've tried the MaxCyl tables with no success. I haven't tried the area vs. pedal tables though.

Thanks for the help!

I've heard of a table that doesn't exist in HP Tuners that can be changed to fix it. Since that's not really an option, I've also seen a guy drill, tap and run a screw into the throttle body to prevent it from going over 100% claim it cured his issue. Beyond that, I've always used the silver blade throttle bodies and been able to avoid the issue.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    I've heard of a table that doesn't exist in HP Tuners that can be changed to fix it. Since that's not really an option, I've also seen a guy drill, tap and run a screw into the throttle body to prevent it from going over 100% claim it cured his issue. Beyond that, I've always used the silver blade throttle bodies and been able to avoid the issue.
    Blown;
    Ok. With the silver blade 87mm TBSS throttle body, how have you been avoiding it? Do you just turn off the code or what's the deal?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gofish7 View Post
    Blown;
    Ok. With the silver blade 87mm TBSS throttle body, how have you been avoiding it? Do you just turn off the code or what's the deal?

Thanks!
    Talking about 90mm silver blade vs 90mm gold. Golds don't work without tricks that HPtuners doesn't have and/or that I've not tried. No knowledge of 87mm TB.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

I have seen golds work fine in HP tuned TBSSs'. I do know some stock TBSS throttle bodies have had throttle postion sensor issues.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Talking about 90mm silver blade vs 90mm gold. Golds don't work without tricks that HPtuners doesn't have and/or that I've not tried. No knowledge of 87mm TB.
    Ah...10-4. What tricks does HPTuners need....maybe we can email them to Chris or Bill about getting them added.
    Last edited by gofish7; 07-22-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowvette View Post
    I have seen golds work fine in HP tuned TBSSs'. I do know some stock TBSS throttle bodies have had throttle postion sensor issues.
    This is for a 2004 Tahoe that has a 6.0L in it. We put the x-link and TBSS intake/throttle body on it and it only does it at 95% above throttle.

Tuner in Training
    i had the REP issue on start up awhile after the intake swap as i read might happen , so i swapped to the ls7 90mm TB and it fixed the issue, i tried several different tune areas for intake upgrade and tb but it came down to the TB itself regardless of the tune tables for intake and tb i adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by xtremesilvy View Post
    i had the REP issue on start up awhile after the intake swap as i read might happen , so i swapped to the ls7 90mm TB and it fixed the issue, i tried several different tune areas for intake upgrade and tb but it came down to the TB itself regardless of the tune tables for intake and tb i adjusted
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This^^ is often the case too. Just a defective throttle body. TAC modules have thresholds in them where that TB may be happy on one car and not on one with a different TAC module. It's important to do your due diligence on verifying the integrity of all the connections too. I've seen pins pushed back in plugs, corrosion on plugs, cruddy grounds on TAC module ground, moisture in the TB or plug all cause issues like this.
    Last edited by blownbluez06; 07-26-2014 at 11:04 AM.