Thread: injector duty cycle and rpms

Tuner in Training

injector duty cycle and rpms

im new to tuning and I cant get these to work in the gauges and the charts. they work on any other truck I hook up to. mines just a hit and miss it seems like. sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont. any suggestions? when I connect the rpms say its unsupported. and the injector duty cycle just doesn't show anything.

Tuner
    Are you logging both injector pulse width banks and flow rate?

post up a screen shot of your table view from your scanner on your truck. No need to log injector fuel rate to get duty cycle to show up.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    if i hooked it up to another truck just like that it would read it all, i was also trying to get the oil temp to work. havent hooked it back up to see if it will tho.
    Last edited by cwalker2006; 07-20-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Go Tools, Options, Clear last vehicle used. Scanner should close, if not close it. Got to directory where VCM Scanner is kept. Go into VCM Scanner directory, then Vehicles Directory. Delete all the files in the directory. Then open up scanner, load default imperial config, and connect to truck and tell us what happened.

Tuner in Training
    i did that but when i went to the folder there wasnt an option to go into vehicles directory. just cleared and reset. rpms still didnt work and idc was still blank

Senior Tuner
    Sure you looked in right spot, its just called Vehicles, and its there.

Folder will contain: Configs, Gauges, Histograms, and vehicles.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 07-20-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Tuner in Training

Senior Tuner
    Wrong folder, try the one under my documents.