Thread: ve table help

Potential Tuner

ve table help

I got an 05 hemi that i did a cam swap in. Having trouble wrapping my head around these dodge ve tables. what exactly does the "Axis Xref" mean? And how do I go about logging it in the scanner? Is it map?
    Sorry this is my first time playing with a dodge tune so it's all new to me.

Advanced Tuner
    The OS you're using is probably not fully mapped out, yet. Is the "Axis Xref" the horizontal axis of the map (otherwise known as the "X-Axis")? What about the vertical ("Y") axis? What is it labeled as?

Potential Tuner
    image.jpg
    Y is "Axis Xref"
    X is rpm

Senior Tuner
    Those units should be Pressure Ratio. A ratio of Baro and Manifold Pressure.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like the latest update (2.25.730) to the software caused this to be labeled as Xref rather than PRatio like it used to be. If it's still labeled as such after the 1st update drops today, I'd bring it up in an e-mail to support.

Edit: Just downloaded the latest update (2.25.734), and it's still labeled as "Axis Xref". I'll shoot support an e-mail.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 07-21-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Perfect thanks! So in the scanner when I'm trying to log. Is there an actual sensor for pressure ratio or do I have to set it up some how?I won't have the truck till the weekend but it would be nice to have everything set up and ready or at least know what I'm doing.

Advanced Tuner
    You'll have to create your own PID for it in the 2.24 scanner. When I did it with mine, I just turned the key on in the car without starting the engine, started the scanner up, and got a baseline for what the kpa value was at my atmosphere (I'm at 4500 ft. elevation). It ended up being about 85.5 kpa. So, I just took that value and divided the map sensor value by 85.5 to come up with the Pressure Ratio. Then, any time I want to tune (on different days/different weather conditions), I just take another sample of atmospheric pressure with the engine off, key on, and update the value used for the division depending on what the current atmospheric pressure is.

Potential Tuner
    Sounds kinda like a pain in the ass, but makes sence thanks for the help probably would never figured it out without your help.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.3silver View Post
    Sounds kinda like a pain in the ass, but makes sence thanks for the help probably would never figured it out without your help.
    All you have to do is set up a custom PID to divide the logged Map value by the logged Baro value. The scanner takes care of the rest. BOOSTJUNKY's method is harder than it needs to be. If you are not sure how to set up custom PIDs, refer to the help file.

I have some scanner configs that I posted in a thread that will help speed up the process for setting up histograms.

Edit: I had written the equation wrong.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 07-22-2014 at 05:07 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    All you have to do is set up a custom PID to divide the logged Map value by the logged Baro value. The scanner takes care of the rest. BOOSTJUNKY's method is harder than it needs to be. If you are not sure how to set up custom PIDs, refer to the help file.

I have some scanner configs that I posted in a thread that will help speed up the process for setting up histograms.

Edit: I had written the equation wrong.
    Hell, and here I am thinking I was doing it the easy way... Only way I can think of to make it any easier would be to use the actual baro sensor as the divider (as you seem to have suggested). I haven't delved too deeply into it, yet. But I was under the impression that we couldn't scan the baro sensor using the 2.24 scanner. Perhaps I'll have to dig deeper.

Advanced Tuner
    ElecTech, if you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction, perhaps I can make this easier on myself. I have pulled up the list of supported sensors for my ECM (according to the 2.24 scanner within the user defined "functions" table), and here is the run down of them:

[SENS.10] Engine Coolant Temp (tested and works)
    [SENS.11] Intake Air Temp (cannot recall if it's working)
    [SENS.20] Vehicle Speed (tested and works)
    [SENS.29] Fuel Rail Pressure (haven't tested - no sensor on rail...)
    [SENS.30] Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP tested and working)
    [SENS.33] Manifold Vacuum (I don't believe I've tried reading this sensor, yet... I don't suppose that's the baro? If it is, the name is misleading.)
    [SENS.34] Fuel Pressure (another that I don't believe to be supported - no fuel pressure sensor on car)
    [SENS.36] Pressure Ratio (tried scanning this sensor, and it wouldn't display anything)
    [SENS.40] Mass Air Flow (haven't tested)
    [SENS.41] Cylinder Airmass (haven't tested)
    [SENS.50] Volts (haven't tested)
    [SENS.51] O2 (doesn't work)
    [SENS.70] Engine Speed (tested and works)
    [SENS.90] Throttle Position (tested and works)
    [SENS.110] Timing Advance (tested and works)
    [SENS.111] Timing Retard (haven't tested)
    [SENS.112] Injector PW (another that I have verified doesn't log anything)
    [SENS.114] LTFT (tested and works)
    [SENS.116] STFT (tested and works)
    [SENS.120] Air Fuel Ratio (haven't tested)
    [SENS.123] Fuel Air Ratio (haven't tested)
    [SENS.133] Alcohol Composition (haven't tested - likely not supported on my platform)

There is another list of PIDs, but none of them look to deal with baro, either.

Senior Tuner
    Does it show up when you try to add a parameter to the table display?

Most of my logging centers around Hemi cars.
    I'm guessing this is a Neon?

You may also try to delete the cars OS file from the Scanner>Vehicles folder and connect to the car again to see if anything new shows up. This will force the Scanner to re-poll the PCM for available PIDs.

Senior Tuner
    Baro Pressure is an SAE defined parameter and should be logable in just about any vehicle.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Baro Pressure is an SAE defined parameter and should be logable in just about any vehicle.
    No support for the SRT-4, apparently. Might have something to do with the fact that the communication protocol for the SRT-4 is (VPWM) SAE J1850. In other words, it's not a CAN BUS system. It uses a PCI bus for communication between the various on-board controllers. It then uses an SCI bus for communications with external devices, such as HPTuners or a DRB-III.

My guess is that I'll be up the creek as far as making things "simpler" until the 2.25 scanner comes out.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    No support for the SRT-4, apparently. Might have something to do with the fact that the communication protocol for the SRT-4 is (VPWM) SAE J1850. In other words, it's not a CAN BUS system. It uses a PCI bus for communication between the various on-board controllers. It then uses an SCI bus for communications with external devices, such as HPTuners or a DRB-III.

My guess is that I'll be up the creek as far as making things "simpler" until the 2.25 scanner comes out.
    Entirely possible. Do you have a Diablo device, by chance? The Diablo Data Viewer is a free download and is a pretty good logging utility.
    Jaime