Thread: got a new tune

Tuner in Training

got a new tune

so i got a tune from a reputable shop in my area. I loaded it and the car starts then cuts off. will do this all night long. if i disconnect the coolant temp sensor , and intake air temp sensor it will fire run for 3 seconds then cut off. after about 20 mins of this it will fire and stay running but will not rev over 3000 rpm. . . . .
    the computer is a 02 silverado 5.3 , no mass air , i did re run the intake air temp wires. no rear 02 sensors , has a gm three bar map , 5.3 with a 76mm turbo., 96lb injectors( updated from last time. ) e-85 set at 50 psi fuel pressure. mild cam. prop form intake 102mm intake. i dont have a data log as i dont want to keep doing this to the motor. so any thing i can look for before doing a data log tonight. . . thanks for the help
    Last edited by primhatch; 07-20-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Tuner in Training
    here is the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Ve table looks to rich for cam but without specs cant say for sure. Your stoich point is still set to gasoline. Your injectors are entered as 80's in flow rate only, rest of data is stock.

Tuner in Training
    how to i change from regular to e85?

Senior Tuner
    Use compare function, I have changed your stoich point. You will need to get correct injector data as well.

Tuner in Training
    what i found weird in the garage just now. Is the maf will not fail out. every time i turn the key off all dtcs clear and wont return. car will not stay running , just fire and cut out.
    please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by primhatch View Post
    what i found weird in the garage just now. Is the maf will not fail out. every time i turn the key off all dtcs clear and wont return. car will not stay running , just fire and cut out.
    please help me.
    Your IFR and spark tables need work.

When you try to start it, have you tried to feather the pedal a bit until it starts or keep it running?

I'm thinking you are a tad bit rich as mecnicman suggested and need more air.

You might wanna try adding 2 grams to the entire base running airflow table and multiply the start up airflow initial table by 20%(1.20).
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 07-20-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    yes no response. . . after a while of unplugging the air temp , ect and map sensor it will fire and run , no throttle response.

Tuner in Training
    starting to think i have a bad pcm. . . . i am gonna grab a knowing working one tomorrow. thanks all for the help so far

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by primhatch View Post
    starting to think i have a bad pcm. . . . i am gonna grab a knowing working one tomorrow. thanks all for the help so far
    Where are you located?

A see a couple of things that stand out.

1. MAF has been failed - it's set to 0hz.
    2. PCM is locked (best tell tell sign of a poor tuner, imo)
    3. Your fans are set to turn on before your thermostat opens
    4. Your timing table looks, well, to be nice, special.

The VE table does look a bit rich, hell, it's more than my VE table and I've got a decent size cam in my truck.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by madmann26 View Post
    Where are you located?

A see a couple of things that stand out.

1. MAF has been failed - it's set to 0hz.
    2. PCM is locked (best tell tell sign of a poor tuner, imo)
    3. Your fans are set to turn on before your thermostat opens
    4. Your timing table looks, well, to be nice, special.

The VE table does look a bit rich, hell, it's more than my VE table and I've got a decent size cam in my truck.
    It's a 2 bar speed density tune with no maf installed , it's supposed to be failed. And if tune was locked, you couldn't view it. It's o/s locked by hpt cause of custom 2 bar o/s, any hpt can use it, just not other tuning software.